22

"So, I was thinking about throwing a party when you will get well" Clarke said to Lexa

"I'm okay just with staying with you all day and night" Lexa said as the smirk appeared on her face

"And that too" Clarke grinned in respond

"But really, you deserve a 'coming back to life' party" Clarke said as she imitated signboard with her hands' gesture.

As Lexa heard Clarke's words she burst out laughing. Clarke started laughing as well. She was wiping the tears of laugh when she heard strange noises.
She opened her eyes and looked up.
And a terrifying picture was seen by her eyes.

Lexa was laying in convulsions while foam was coming from her mouth. It was obvious that she couldn't move and even breathe.

Clarke was shocked for 3 seconds and couldn't move. But when she
understood what was going on she ran out of the room with tears on her face.

"HELP!!! She can't breathe! SHE IS DYING!!!!!!" Clarke screamed as loud as she could and saw doctors immediately storming into the room.

"Help me to turn her!" A doctor yelled to his colleague and they turned Lexa on her back.

They were doing different things trying to let Lexa breathe again and not let her die.
But how long can a human stay alive without the access of oxygen?
2 minutes? Maybe 2 and a half?

This is too little. How to save a life in 2 minutes?
There is no answer.

The time was running and she still couldn't breathe.

"Her heartbeat stopped!" The main doctor yelled

Clarke, who was in the corner of the room, couldn't hold. Her legs bowed and she fell on the floor and screamed. Tears streaming down her face realising the situation.

"Connect the defibrillator!" The doctor shouted.

Everything was happening quickly and Clarke couldn't do nothing. The love of her life was dying and she couldn't help. She was not a God and not even a doctor. But the doctors were trying.

"3, 2, 1, аnd go!" The doctor said and they collided the defibrillator and Lexa's body.

Lexa's body twisted of electricity discharge.

"Again!" Clarke heard a yell from the doctor.

And they connected Lexa and the machine together again.

"Still nothing, one more time!" The doctor yelled.

When Clarke heard that she was devastated and broken. She was crying hoping to get Lexa back to life.

They gave her the electricity discharge one more time.

Squeaking of the machine. It means no heartbeat found.

"I'm sorry. She is gone" The doctor turned around to face Clarke.

"What?" Clarke whispered

"What? NO! NO! NONONО! SHE CAN'T BE! DO IT AGAIN! GIVE THESE DAMN THINGS!" Clarke yelled in disbelief and pain.

"SHE IS NOT DEAD! NO! " Clarke yelled

"I'm so sorry. We can't do anything anymore. She is dead." The doctor said with sadness in her eyes.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Clarke screamed unbelievably loud and fell on the ground again.

She screamed and screamed and couldn't stop. Tears streaming down all her face, red eyes, mad and full of pain gaze.

And thank you for 1k reads!