26

***
Lexa woke up from a door bell ringing. She didn't want to get out of the warm bed with Clarke so she decided to ignore it hoping that the guests would leave. But the bell  continued ringing so she got out of the bed not waking Clarke up. She walked downstairs and opened the door. As soon as she did her eyes widened.

"Mom? Dad?" Lexa said with a raspy and confused voice.

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you  working?" Lexa asked.

"Omg, Lexa! My sweet, sweet girl!" Lexa's mother said as she wrapped her arms in a tight hug.

"We were so worried! When we heard about you being shot, we came here as soon as we could!" Her mother said still not letting go of the girl. When she finally did, her dad pulled the daughter in a tight embrace as well.

"Don't worry, I am okay." Lexa said as she gave her parents a warm smile.

"Come inside. Let's have breakfast" Lexa suggested and everyone nodded.

They were sitting around the table and eating when Clarke walked downstairs.

"Good mo-" Clarke said but stopped when she noticed unknown people.

"Good morning" Clarke said again.

"Good morning" Lexa's parents answer as confused as Clarke.

"Right, Clarke, this is my mom Becca and this is my dad Gustus" Lexa explained.

"They came unexpectedly this morning. They were worried about the shooting." She added.

"Mom, dad, this is Clarke. She is my emm, friend. She is taking care of me after I got shot." Lexa said weirdly.
Clarke put her eyebrow up but didn't say anything. Lexa could say that she was shocked and a little bit disappointed by her face.

"Clarke, sit down please. I will give you your breakfast now." Lexa said as she put everything she left for Clarke on the plate and gave it to her with a glass of water.

"So, Clarke, are you studying at the same school with Lexa?" Mrs. Woods asked.

"Ummm, yeah. Actually we met there." Clarke said.

The rest of the conversation included corny and boring questions like how old Clarke is,  does she have siblings and so on.

When they finished eating Clarke washed the dishes while Lexa's parents walked upstairs to their room to change their clothes.

"We will go on a hike. Do you want to join?" Mr.Woods suggested when they walked down the stairs again.

"We'll stay here. Thank you" Clarke answered politely while washing the last plate. Lexa was cleaning the table and gave her father a little nod that they don't go.

"What was that?" Clarke asked as soon as the parents left. You could say that she was really mad and frustrated at the same time.

"I'm so sorry Clarke. I should have told you earlier." Lexa said

"Tell what?!" Clarke cut her off.

"My parents ummm, well, they don't accept my sexuality." Lexa said and Clarke's face immediately softened.

"When I was 14 I discovered that I didn't like boys the way I liked girls. I kept it in secret for about a year but when I saw that a lot of people supported LGBTQ+ community I decided not to hide anymore. So I told them. My mom only laughed at that and said that I'm straight. But when I got my first girlfriend she became furious. Once I was watching movie with that girl and my mom walked in my room. She saw us cuddling and told the girl to get out. After that she sat me down on the couch and started a conversation about how 'wrong' it is. But when I told her that she is wrong she beaten me. I hoped that my dad would protect me but he told me to not have contact with that girl either I would have to leave the house." Lexa said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I'm so sorry Lexa. I had no idea" Clarke said softly and wrapped her arms to comfort the other girl.

"It's okay" The girl sobbed.
After a few minutes of comforting hug Lexa continued her story.

"I was grounded and didn't have any contact with the world. I only visited school and then I returned back home. I leaves like this for a year. It was the worst time of my life." Lexa said.

'But then my mom got a job far from here and she was growing in her career. Not long after my dad decided to go work for the authorities. And because he didn't want to put me or Aden in danger he moved to another town. They visited us but very seldom and because of this they forget the whole situation about me and my sexuality. They decided that I 'became' straight again.  And I kept it like that. I didn't want to disappoint them. But now I don't know if I still have power to hide it. I can just tell them, maybe this time they will understand." Lexa said and looked up at Clarke who was holding the other in her arms.

"It's okay, let's wait a little bit with this." Clarke said as she rubbed Lexa's cheek with her thumb. Lexa smiled and pressed her lips against Clarke's. Clarke kissed back and when they pulled back they were full of power again.