33

***
"Where have you been? I called you dozens of times!" Abby said when the girls arrived home from the beach. She tried to sound calm but the girls could hear she was mad.

"We were swimming and turned our phones off. Anything happened mom?"  Clarke asked worried.

"Nothing bad. The police found who shot Lexa.  It was a women in her late thirties. They want you to recognise her at the police department." Abby turned to Lexa.

"But we haven't seen anything" Clarke said.
"We were to scared and ran towards the cabin to call an ambulance." She added.

"Actually, I have" Lexa said quietly.

"You what?" Clarke asked shocked.

"When I was falling unconscious I noticed a small piece of someone's face. But I thought it was just hallucination." Lexa explained looking at the floor.

"Okay, then do you want to recognise her? I mean, she has to deal with consequences of her acts." Clarke asked carefully.

"When can we visited the police department?" Lexa asked full of confidence.

"They asked us to come a few hours ago. But I think they are closed now. So let's first get a good sleep. You are skipping the school tomorrow by the way." Abby said.

"Good night then" The girls said walking upstairs.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Clarke asked when Lexa walked out of the shower.

"Yes" Lexa reassured Clarke.

"I love you, Lexa" She added covering them with rug.

"I love you too." Lexa said cuddling into Clarke's neck.

***

"Lexa, do you want to sue with them? I mean, the person who shot you? You can get a lot of money from this." Abby asked while they were driving to the LAPD.

"My parents have a lot of money and I think it will be better if they decide what to do by themselves.(going about government.) I just don't want to spend time for nothing.  The criminal definitely will be punished and I'm okay with that." Lexa answered on the question.

"Always your choice baby" Clarke supported and took Lexa's hand in her own.

"Good morning Mr. Kane, we are ready to recognise the criminal" Abby greeted the policeman when they finally arrived.

"Good morning Abby, Clarke and you must be Lexa?" Mr. Kane greeted back.

"Yes sir. I'm the one who was shot." Lexa said shaking his hand.

"Follow me" the policeman said and moved.

"Where  he knows you  from?" Lexa whispered to Clarke while walking.

"My mom and him were studying at the same university. And now they sometimes spend time together." Clarke whispered back before they entered white room with a big kinda window to another room.

"So what you have to do now. There will be standing a few suspects" Mr. Kane said pointing at the window.

"And if you recognise who shot you, just tell me. That's all, nothing more for today" He explained.

"Okay." Lexa said with  a little bit shaky voice.

"Are you ready?" Clarke asked taking Lexa's hand to comfort her.

"Yes, let's do this." Lexa said feeling Clarke's warm lips on her hand.

"Turn on the lights" Mr. Kane commended to someone no one could see.