19. Olympic Journey

I have updating quite a lot recently because I have been on holidays!! :) Keep reading and Vote....... xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Layla's POV

The opening ceremony had gone amazing, on day 2 I went to go watch the men's diving team event, I saw Tom Daley dive with his partner, he was so much better looking in person. I was in the front row, I don't think he realised who I was, and he gave me a high five when he was walking past. Him and his partner got fifth place which is amazing. Today I had my floor routine, I was so nervous. I have been feeling a bit better since my little pregnancy thing but I don't feel 100%!

I was just warming up in the warm up section because I was going to be called in 30 minutes. Dave was with me telling me things that I should do to perfect my routine. 20 minutes I finished warming up and I waited on the benches next to the floor, I watched the other counties perform their routines, and they were all very good. Finally after a very long wait they called my name, the camera came to my direction and I smiled and waved to it. I waved at the crowd and they cheered very loud. I had a quick chat to Dave and walked to the floor. I breathed in and out slowly and bowed to the judges and the crowd, I started my routine perfectly I was just nervous about my final flips because they always let me down, I ran down the floor and just thought of my parents until the end. I did a roundoff with a triple front flip and landed perfectly, I had a massive smile on my face that went from ear to ear. I bowed at the judges and ran off the floor. I ran over to Dave and engulfed him in a hug. While I was hugging him a massive roar came from the crowd.

Dave let go of me and faced me towards the score board. My name was going up it from 7th to wait was the 2nd? The announcers announced the top 3 and I couldn't believe that I had come 2nd at the bloody Olympic Games. I got the Australian flag and ran towards the crowd, all the fans were congratulating me. I took heaps of photos with fans and signed lots of things.

A couple hours later I had the medal ceremony, I had talked to the Janoskian boys, Carmen and Sam on the phone because they watched me on the TV back home, they were all very proud. I did all of this because of mum and dad, I wanted them to be proud of me and make my dreams come true which I have done. I watched the American girl hop up on the 3rd podium then they called me up. I took the flowers from the person and a different person wrapped the silver medal around my neck. I stood up properly and blew kisses at the crowd. They presented the winner from China with her gold medal, we took a group photo and then went our separate ways. I was walking along when a reporter came over to me.

"Hello there Layla"

"Hi" I said while smiling, I actually couldn't keep one off my face today.

"How does it feel winning a silver medal at the Olympics?"

"It's an amazing experience, I was really nervous before and during the routine but half way through I calmed myself down"

"And how was that?"

"I thought about my parents and how proud they would be of me!"

"Aw that's sweet, they would be extremely proud of you and so is the whole country of Australia. You are quite famous Layla!"

"I don't really consider myself famous, yeah I have supportive fans but once the Olympics is over they won't really remember me. But the people are very supportive of me and they are great"

"Well congratulations Layla on your silver, I will let you go and relax now"

"Thank you so much, love you Australia!" I waved goodbye to the camera and walked off. I went to the recovery centre, got into my swimmers and hopped into the pool. I did a very good recovery session because I still had my bars to do next week. I had a hot/cold shower and got dressed into my Australian track suit. Tonight I was going to this little bar place that most of the athletes are going to. I watched a bit more events and went to my room to get dressed for tonight. I got dressed into a really cute orange dress and some black heels, I curled my hair and let it hang across my shoulders so it would just hang down. I put on some mascara and some lipstick, I put on the tiniest bit of foundation. I sprayed on some perfume and walked to the bar place.