18. Rio

Second update for today!! :) Keep reading and VOTE...... xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Layla's POV

We arrived in Rio after the stupid 20 hour flight. I was so tired I just wanted to go to the olympic village and sleep. We were in the buses that were taking us there, I was in a bus with the other gymnasts and the weight lifting people and a couple of other weird sports.

We got to the athletes village 30 minutes later, I got my bags, my room key and my copy of the program for the Olympic stay and headed towards my room.

I woke up the next morning bright and early, today some of the girls and I were doing a tour of Rio. My room was amazing, it was big and the bathroom was lovely. I walked over to the bathroom and had a shower. I got dressed into some black skint jeans with my Australian track suit jumper and a purple crop top underneath, I was wearing my green and gold vans that I got before the Olympics to support the team. I had curled my hair a little bit at the bottom and put on a bit of makeup. At 7:30 tonight I had an interview, Dave told me that I had heaps of interviews during the trip.

I headed over to breakfast and filled my plate up with fruit and a bowl of cereal. There were no seats left at the gymnastics table, I looked around and saw a free seat, as I was walking over I noticed that the free seat was next to none other than Sally Pearson. She won gold at the 2012 London Olympic Games in the 100m hurdles event. She was a great athlete and it would be great to meet her, she was sitting at a table with a bunch of popular athletes. I walked up to the table nervously

"Um hi Sally, do you mind if I sit here?"

"Hello there, and sure no problem! Your Layla Carter right?"

I sat down at the table. "Yeah I am"

"You are an amazing gymnast by the way!"

"Thank you so much, you are an amazing hurdler. Good job on winning gold at London, do you think you can do it again this time?"

"Thanks sweetie, and I'm not sure, I hope so but you never know what is going to happen!"

"We'll good luck"

"You aswell"

"I think I will need it" I said while laughing quietly.

I glanced around the table at the other athletes and there were Mitchell Watt, Dani Samuels, Jarred and Claire Tallent, Lauren Boden, Melissa Breen, Steve Hooker and many more.

They were all really nice and Mitchell was the funniest guy, always telling jokes. We finished breakfast and I heads over to the gymnastics table after I gave everyone my number.

"Hey Layla" Lauren said to me

"Hey, we are still going sight seeing right?" I asked.

"Yeah we will leave in like 10 minutes, I am just goin to go brush my teeth and then we will meet down at the front entrance, I will text you alright?"

"Yeah sounds good" I said while giving her a smile. I walked to my room and brushed my teeth, I got my wallet and my phone and headed to the front entrance.

When I got there all the gym girls were already there and so was Sally, Lauren, Danni and Melissa.

"Hey girls" I said when I reached them

"Hey Layla, the little baby of the group!"

"Hey, that's not fair" I was trying to be serious but I couldn't help but keep a smile off my face.

Me and the girls had an amazing time touring through Rio, we saw other countries doing the same and we made a couple of new friends, we took heaps of photos and bought lots of stuff.