Chapter One: The Mysterious Transient Student -First Summoning

Have you ever had anyone you could truly call a friend? That question, in the back of my mind, forces my scattered thoughts to focus. As I opened my eyes the world I see before me is pitched-black. It's a world completely void of everything.

As I try to figure out where I am I realize something. I can't remember anything. Not a single thing at all. Not my knowledge, my experiences, or my memories. . .

I can't even remember the ones I love most

Suddenly. . . I hear someone calling out to me. I don't know who this voice belongs to. Perhaps it isn't even a voice. But it guides me through the darkness. And I follow, only because I have nothing else to grasp onto.

Soon, the darkness begins to fade from my vision. I hear a voice call out to me in a whisper.

"This world has called you here. Now, open your eyes. There is no need to be afraid. This is the beginning of a story. . . The story of your true self, and even truer friends."

The voice disappeared and I am surrounded by a blindly light that force me to close my eyes. When the light fades, I opened my eyes to find myself in a forest I don't recognize. The entire area is dark, not a person in sight. The only light is a soft glow illuminating the trees.

As I look around the area I see no one around who could help me make sense of this. I have no idea what is going on. . . I realize that I am holding something in my hand. It's my phone. I can tell it is my phone due to the way it feels in my hand.

I start to panic as my thoughts begin to race as I ask myself 'Where exactly am I? And what am I doing here?' Before I fully start to panic I stop myself. I need to calm down and try to get my bearings together.

After I gather my bearings back together I look around to see if there is a sign nearby. I maintain to find one that tells me that I am in Shinjuku Central Park in Tokyo. Now that I know where I am, I need to figure out who I am.

My name is. . .

It is . . . Masato

That's the only thing I can recall. I can't seem to remember my surname but at least I figure out my name. But the most important thing I have to deal with right is why I am here. "Okay, let's see what I remember before coming here. . . I was playing something on my phone. . . And then. . . And then. . . Shit. My memory's all hazy. . . Like. . . something important disappear. . ." As I rub my chin mumbling to myself I heard laughter.

"Hehehehe. Have you finally notice me?" A voice nearby called out to me causing me to jump in surprise and look around for the source of the voice. "There's no reason to be afraid! Would a voice this charming hurt you? Come on, take a look at your phone! The app already running." The voice calls out cheerfully to me which feels strangely out of place in the rather quiet forest.

For some reason I started to feel really worried. Very, very worried. My guts is screaming at me that no good will come out of this. But even with the bad feeling I have about this I need info. I need someone to talk to. So even as the bad feelings get worse I unlock my phone. As soon as I do, a hexagram appears with a bright flash.

"Tah-dah! Whoa, does it feel good to be outta there! Master! How can I be of service?! There must be something! Your wish is my command!" Coming out of my phone a rather cute goat creature question me cheerfully with a big smile on it face. The goat creature was wearing a butler suit while holding a golden staff in one hand and a book in another.

"Aww, how cute!" I said this as I put both my hands on my cheeks while looking at this rather cute creature. The creature in front of me start to blush as the smile grew even bigger.