Clash Of The Divine Artifacts - Shinjuku Cataclysm - (2)

After getting rid of the last of the ghost I finally end up relaxing looking over at Shiro to make sure he was doing okay. When I was sure he was fine I looked over to Toji to see him lowering his head. "Be at peace." After he said that the katanas he summoned disappear from his hand and went back to his hip.

"Let's go. Shut up and follow me." Toji started to walk which caused me and Shiro to quickly follow after him. Shiro kept looking at Toji like he wanted to say something. "Are those Katanas also Sacred Artifacts like my Book and Masato's Sword? Are they related to the App, too?" Toji quickly spun around and stared Shiro down with a glare causing him to flinch and take a step back slightly.

"You speak nonsense! The Sakimori has honed our skills for generations. It's an offense to even compare my skills with your. . .child's play. I've obtained my power through strenuous training. If you dare insult me again, I'll show you no mercy." I could feel the air getting tense between Toji and Shiro so I got between them with an awkward smile on my face trying to calm Toji down.

"Sooo. . . not the App, then. . .?" The glare on Toji's face disappeared as he just scoffed at me like an idiot. Even with his obvious dislike towards me and Shiro I can't help but like how proud he was. He was a proud baby bird which was so cute for me.

"The Sakimori family can summon without the help of this App of yours. However, phenomena created by the App can only be observed through and intervened with via the App. Thus, while it pains me to do so, I will take advantage of whatever is at my disposal. If it can lead to the realization of our long-cherished ambition, I will gladly endure any hardship. We shall continue on together. Do as I say, and we will eradicate that abomination." Toji then turned back around to walk again but Shiro quickly stopped him before he could get any further.

"W-Wait! There's one thing I need to know. That colossus is a living thing, isn't it? Are we. . . supposed to hurt it?" Toji just glared at Shiro again with a frown on his face as he took a step near Shiro.

"I thought I told you to shut up. However. . . If you refuse to harm another, even in this situation. . . I suppose I must answer. A soldier who can't commit to the battle is a liability." Toji raised an arm toward the colossus, pointing at them as they just sat down on the buildings with a bored look on their face.

"That is neither a living entity, nor a sentient one. It is merely a Rule that has gone out of control and assumed a human-like form. It is not within my power to eradicate that Exception. Since you're the ones who summoned it, you're the only ones who can destroy it. I will clear the path for you. When I do, you must do your part." Shiro raised his eyebrow in confusion as Toji said we had to eradicate that huge being. 'Um. . . There is a limit to what we can do against something that huge you know!'

"How are we supposed to eradicate a thing like that?" Shiro voiced the thoughts I was thinking at the moment and Toji grew quiet and I could see red appearing on his cheek. I tilt my head at that wondering why he was growing red.

Toji was silent for a few more seconds and Shiro looked at him confused. "Well?" Toji cleared his throat as he avoided looking at us. "The reason that Exception has come into being is because the App cannot determine the hierarchy of your Rules. If it can be established which of your Rules dominates the other, the Exception will cease to be. You must clarify the hierarchy whilst in physical contact with its form. The concept is the same as a pact formed through the App. When one party submits to the other, they are rewarded with a provision of power. . . This allows the App to operate normally. I don't care who outranks who. Sort it out between yourselves."

Toji still wasn't looking at us and his ears looked a bit more redder than usual causing me to look at him in confusion. "Dominates. . .? You want us to decide whether Resurrection or Rending is the dominant Rule? That's easier said than done. . . How do we go about it? Do we have to fight to decide the winner? Or can we just declare it out loud; say something like 'You're on top. . .?'" I looked at Shiro when he said "You're on top" with different emotions going through my head. 'Shiro, that line has so many meanings. You are trying to give me a nosebleed aren't you?'