Berserkers - Of Faith And Artifice (2)

"Damn you!" Ikutoshi dodged a series of quick attacks from the tiger beast. I tried to slow him down with an attack with my Sword but he didn't show any reaction from my attack. No matter how much damage is dealt to Macan, he recovers with a shine from his loincloth. The blood dries upon his wounds, his skin heals, and even his fur regenerates as if nothing ever happened. Wounds that would normally take days, or even months, to heal are regenerated instantly. It's clearly unnatural.

The ability is not quite magical, but more like an acceleration of the natural healing capabilities of any living organism. It almost appears as though he devours some invisible substance that reconstructs into new flesh and bones.

"Go on! Struggle more! Those who put up a good fight taste the best!" I could feel myself getting stressed out as all the damage I dealt to the tiger beast disappear like nothing ever happened to him. He didn't look like he was getting tired at all but I could feel myself running out of breath.

"Are you immortal?!" I dodge an attack from him but still manage to get hit in my stomach roughly. I end up stumbling back into Ikutoshi, who grabs my shoulders to make sure I didn't fall onto the ground.

"That's the No. 1 for you. That's his Rule. I don't know the details, but it's got something to do with eating-- Watch out!" Ikutoshi pushed me out of the way after No. 1 came rushing towards us again. He got knocked into the lockers and I tried to help him out but swinging my Sword towards No. 1 so that he would be forced to back up from Ikutoshi.

"There's no end to this! His reaction is as fast as a wild animal! He's getting more dangerous by the second, and he has that super healing on top of it! It's cheating! If only we could do something about that speed...!" I was next to Ikutoshi as we grew tense at the fast-approaching tiger beast. I was going to get in front of Ikutoshi to take the full force of the attack but froze when I heard a pair of footsteps coming towards us.

"Burning Bright!" In the next instant, a ball of fire blows the tiger beast back. The tiger beast let out a pained grunt as he took the full force of the attack. I look in the direction from where the fire came from and I could feel my nose getting itchy as I saw Nomad with an interesting look.

"A naked tiger?!" Nomad was only in underwear as smoke appeared off of his body. I didn't know where to look without worrying about getting a nosebleed. My eyes were slowly moving from Nomad's head to Nomad....

"Shut up! Don't look at me! My clothes burned off!" Nomad tried to cover his body from my wandering eyes and I could taste iron in my mouth. I quickly raise my hand to my mouth to feel something wet on my lips. When I touch the wet area and look at it on my hand I realize that I have a nosebleed currently. 'Damn it, Masato! This isn't the time for this!'

"You seem to be having trouble, Ikutoshi. Not that it's surprising against such an opponent." Nomad seemed to gain his cool back as he looked at Ikutoshi, making sure his body wasn't in my line of sight. Feeling like I shouldn't be so rude I just stop looking at his body and focus on his head.

"Haven't seen you in a while. Oh? You're not going to ask why a kid like me is here, for once?" Ikutoshi gave Nomad an indifferent look causing him to slump a little at Ikutoshi's attitude towards him.

"You're a rotten one, aren't you?" Nomad rubs behind his head, letting out a tired sigh. The indifferent look on Ikutoshi's face turned into a softer one as he stared at the tired-looking Nomad.

"And you're a cheeky one as always...But thanks." I felt like I was experiencing a sweet moment between old friends, forgetting about what was currently happening for a second. But I remember instantly after I hear a roar in our direction.