Berserkers - Infiltrating the Ikebukuro Guild (3)

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Ikebukuro. . . While the Unranked battles begin over at the Colosseum. . .

"Let's see. . . First, you wanted to ask about guilds, is that right?" Shuichi, Duo, and Shiro were in a family restaurant and the air around them was serious as they looked at each other. Shiro pushed up his glasses as he looked at Shuichi.

"Yes, please. Of course, I am concerned about my friend above all else, but. . . There's too much information I need to catch up on before I can comprehend the situation. What in the world is going on here? The App is what started it all, isn't it?" Shiro looked at Shuichi with a serious look as he tapped his phone that was on the table.

"That's right, Shiro. The App is at the core of everything that's happening in Tokyo. Basically a guild is a group of App users and can include both Transients and ordinary humans. There are already about 100 guilds here in Tokyo, including our Hongo Guild, the Wisemen. Each guild requires at least one Portal and one Guild Master. A guild will be wiped out when its Portal is conquered and its Guild Master defeated. . . Well, I suppose we can discuss that later. It's not as if you're trying to take down the Ikebukuro Berserkers, after all." Shuichi chuckled at what he had said while Shiro just remained silent looking at him with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Nobody could be capable of such a feat. There isn't a place in Tokyo more impregnable than their base. The base of the Ikebukuro Guild, the Berserkers, is at the West Gate Park, in a building that was once used as a theater. That's merely the entrance, though. The rest of it lies underground. What sprawls under the surface is a place built from the vast fortune of Ikebukuro's Guild Master. It's known as the Colosseum, a place where many App users who have a certain confidence in their strength congregate. It's one of the top two areas with the highest concentration of App users in Tokyo. The Colosseum is a secure bastion with a narrow, defensible entrance. Inside, countless App users reside. It is so perfect that more than a few people suspect it was built solely for the purpose of guild battles." At what Shuichi said, Shiro's expression grew shocked at the fact that the Colosseum may have been built just for battles.

"Remodeling existing buildings for a game? I mean, I know it's speculation, but that would cost a ridiculous amount of money. What's the merit in creating a guild? Why is it so important to gather players?" Shiro put a hand to his chin as he pondered that thought when he looked up at Shuichi, surprised that he was laughing at him.

"Hehehe, how naive of you Shiro. What's the merit in gathering players, you ask? Large gatherings of people. . . That, in and of itself, is already advantageous." Shuichi's eyes grew sharp as the ever present smile on his face grew even wider.

Meanwhile, back at the Colosseum. . .

I was walking back to the waiting area in the Colosseum when my vision went black as I was tightly hugged by a fluffy and firm body. I could feel my face grow hot as I swung back and forth before being put back down on the ground. I could see Bathym in front of me smiling happily and my sore body felt like nothing at the moment.

"Whooo! Here comes the MVP! I watched the whole thing! What a dazzling battle! That was really impressive, Masato! Were you holdin' out on me?!" Bathym's face got closer to mine as he pouted. I scratch my cheek as I smile awkwardly as I try not to get too nervous.

"I mean I-I couldn't have done it without you, Bathym!" I was serious as I said that since I would have died from embarrassment if I were to lose in front of Bathym. 'I manage to look cool in front of Bathym! You are getting your flow back Masato!' I was cheering on the inside but managed not to show anything on my face.

"Hm? What's that? My support helped you win? My, you sure know how to flatter a fella! Getting cheered on by a superstar really fired you up, huh?" Bathym nods his head happily as he thought to himself when he stops suddenly.