Missionaries - Path Of Thorns (1)

"Urk....! What the... So strong...!" One of the people that we fought said that from the ground looking all hurt from the fight we just had. Thanks to me and my friends, we've contained the riot that was disrupting the food distribution in the park.

"Well, that's done and dusted. How are things looking over there, Kengo? Masato?" Shiro looks over the people he defeated in battle with a serious look and then looks over to me and Kengo.

"Nothing worth mentioning. They were too easy. It would've been way more fun if we'd been against some Berserkers!" I couldn't help but let out a sigh when Kengo mentioned the Berserkers. Of course, they would be harder to deal with, they just live for fighting.

"That's because their whole purpose is to battle. This place is different, that's all." At what Shiro said Kengo just grumbles to himself while holding down Transients still trying to get a hit in on him. Just then, Maria, who had separated from us to stop riots taking place elsewhere, arrives at the scene with Azazel and Ryota.

"Shiro, Kengo... I thank you for your help." Maria gave us a gentle smile that just caused my heart to skip a beat. She is so cute! But is it okay to find a nun cute... or is it something I should avoid thinking..?

"It seems like it dealt with a commotion of a larger scale. Apparently, it all started here." Ryota notices that Azazel was staring off into the distance and I try to see if there was something in the place he was looking but saw nothing. Maybe he is just thinking?

"Azazel? Is there something over there?" Ryota also looked in the place that Azazel was looking but didn't see anything as well. I have a feeling this is something that shouldn't be ignored...

"No. Please heed me no mind." Azazel gave a mysterious smile that just added to his mysterious charm. But I am still kind of concerned about what he was looking at. I hope it won't be something that will come up later.

Hidden In The Park...

"The diversion was a failure. Leave the tracking squad behind and proceed to the next mission." A ninja that only really had a purple scarf covering their face and traditional looking underwear covering their lower half spoke to other ninjas who were dressed just like him.

"Understood." With that, the ninjas vanish without a trace.

Back With The Group...

"It is nothing. More importantly, please proceed with the situation report." Azazel had a mysterious look in his eyes as he asked us how the situation was with the Transients we fought.

"Uh, situation report...? Well, as you can see, we've taken care of everyone involved in the fight." Kengo looked awkward as he tried to explain the situation. I could understand this, seeing as he is someone who rather uses action than words.

"What was the reason for the riot in the first place anyway?" I couldn't understand why the riot happened in the first place. Shouldn't everyone just be happy waiting to get food and not getting pissed off?

"So the riot started over here? Maybe we should interrogate whoever instigated it." Shiro looked over to the place where the riot started.

"First, we should listen to their side of the story. Thank you all for your help, but please allow me to handle things from here." Maria bows to me and the others and goes to talk to the restrained Transients leaving us alone.

With The Restrained Transients...

"Please remain calm, everyone," Maria spoke in a gentle voice to the Transients who were tied up and had a polite smile on her face. The transient tied up looked at Maria in a bit of confusion, not knowing who she is.