Berserkers - Sanctuary of The Berserkers (3)

I was getting worn out fighting against Horkeukamui, still not fully okay after the last three battles I went through. Even though I was getting worn out fighting him I realize that he wasn't attacking me with all he got.

"He's going easy on me!" I mumble that out after I block the kick he sent my way with my Sword. We slowly circled each other and I was getting tense, waiting for when he was going to attack again. I could feel sweat appearing on my forehead and my breathing getting a bit quicker.

"Well done. You truly are talented. It's no wonder that you've been acknowledged by the Guild Master. To think that you could do this well. . . You pass, for now. Now, let us move on to the next trial. I shall press onward. . . Prepare yourself!" Horkeukamui quickly rushed toward me and jumped into the air to land a kick onto me. I quickly held my Sword in front of me to block it but that still didn't help me block the force of the attack.

"I knew it! You were going easy on me!" My teeth were being clenched tightly against each other as Horkeukamui kept his attacks coming. Even though I manage to block his attacks I wasn't lucky all the time.

"Oomf! H-He's fast!" I gasped out that after he landed a pretty hard hit on my side. Every time I tried to attack him, he landed a hit on me. I was forced into a defensive position as I tried to figure out how to attack him.

Horkeukamui's expression and the trajectory of his attacks remain unchanged. Rather, his attack simply sped up. Horkeukamui kicks slice through the air, his punches relentlessly pummeling my body. Each of his strikes leaves a trace of blue light in their wake. They seem to give off an air of divinity.

"How delightful, fledgling hero! I am truly grateful for our meeting. My time spent here in this underground world, so far removed from the blessings of the land above, has not been in vain after all. I shall press you harder now, fledgling hero! We shall see if you can survive this! Haaah!" Horkeukamui started to glow on his leg and I could only grip my Sword tightly as I brace myself for his fast attacks.

Watching The Fight Between Masato And Horkeukamui From Above. . .

"Master, are you certain we should allow this to continue? Horkeukamui Silver Wolf appears not to be holding back for once." Snow was standing next to an excited Claude as he watched the fierce battle between Masato and Horkeukamui continue.

"No matter! This fervor is of much greater importance! Such jubilant cries in the air! This frantic beating of our heart! Hahahaha! Marvelous! Truly marvelous! Nothing matches the thrill of a battle between strong fighters! This true testament to life substantiates our very existence! Spectating gladiators, we shall share with you this flame that burns within our heart! Burn with grace and brilliance! We will bestow fervor upon you, our gladiators!" The laurels that encircle Claude's head begin to glow brightly, the light enveloping the area like a wedding veil. Those touched by it shout madly, faces overcome with wild fanaticism.

"Forget about the present or the passage of time! Lose yourselves in battle! Only the heat of combat can set our bodies and spirit aflame! We shall reward the strong with their every desire! Fight! Rejoice! Hahahaha!" Claude's expression was filled with excitement as he watched the fight between Masato and Horkeukamui grow even more intense.

Back With Masato And Horkeukamui. . .

"Impressive. I commend you for surviving. It is not your skill or strength that deserves praise, but the nature of your soul itself. Even when faced with certain defeat, there is still an unwavering light in your eye. You don't allow yourself to get lost in the heat of battle, nor have you been afflicted by thoughts of resignation. Have I finally met the one? I have great expectations for you, fledgling hero. If you can live through this. . . you are the one." The dazzling blows come to a halt. Horkeukamui's wrists and legs Braces begin to glow even brighter. He stands as an incarnation of nature itself, like a majestic wall of ice towering above me. Horkeukamui begins to recite the invocation of the App to regain his original form.