Berserkers - End of The Banquet and then...?

After getting through the countless enemies we finally reached the aberration. I was breathing heavily and I was surprised that Kengo was still fueled with energy. 'Ah.... I think I may have to go jogging in the morning starting tomorrow...'

"Finally, we get to pay our respects to the big boss. It sure gave us enough trouble! We had a lot of help along the way, so if I lose here, it'll be a huge ding on my reputation. Was it ding? Or bling? Whatever! It doesn't matter!" At this point, I was getting used to Kengo mixing up his words. It was starting to become a cute quirk to me.

As we were talking more enemies appeared and surrounded the aberration. It seems like we will have to go all out for this final fight. I feel like I am an RPG hero going after the final boss in the game. 'But unlike in an RPG, I won't have a second chance at this... Ahhh. I wanna get this over with.'

"The last of those grunts have tightened their ranks. It's starting to look like a proper final battle now! Bring it, small fry! I'll beat you and your boss down! The last man standing is the winner!" As Kengo said that, a roar from the aberration reverberates throughout the colosseum. It's a roar that rings with power. However...

"Look, man. You don't stand a chance. You may be strong, but your heart isn't in it. You haven't got any fighting spirit. Everyone knows you can't win fights you don't want to win. I just proved that earlier. Isn't that right, Masato? So let's go, partner!" Kengo and me smirked at each other before we charged headfirst toward the group of countless enemies.

After getting rid of all the lower level enemies we were fighting against the aberration. It was just me and Kengo switching between each other as we attack the aberration, not giving them a chance to let down their guard. After getting a good hit in the aberration stop moving, getting stunned, and finally giving us a chance to end this.

"It's stunned... Kengo! This is our chance, partner!" Hearing me shout that, Kengo leaps straight up toward the aberration as it staggers, swinging a raised fist. "Raaaaaaaaaaaaagh!" His punch slams the aberration to the ground. Without pause, Kengo resumes his fighting stance, his eyes locked on the aberration. I went to his side quickly and got into a position, waiting just in case the aberration started attacking again.

"You were one hell of a challenge... but it's all over. This Sacred Artifact used to belong to you, right? No, wait... Used to... isn't the right way to put it. You're not yourself now, huh. I bet you're an awesome dude when you've got it together. I wish I could've fought you at your best. I hope I still can, someday. I feel like I can get wherever I want if I stick with Masato. So someday, I'll find you in your own territory. Man, here I am babbling away and you probably don't understand a thing... Hm? You smilin', man?" At what Kengo said I look closer at the aberration as well. Perhaps it's just the angle, or my imagination showing me what I assume Kengo was currently seeing as well.... But it feels like the aberration is smiling at Kengo.

"Nah... No way. See ya. It's been fun! Let's go fist to fist again next time!" With one final swing, Kengo delivers the finishing blow. Gazing down at the now motionless aberration, Kengo dips into a bow of respect, one warrior to another. I copied him, feeling the moment felt right for this.

"Well fought!" Kengo stood up straight again, a bright smile on his face. I also stood up straight, letting my Sword disappear out of my hand. I was stretching out my body, trying to give relief to my sore bones.

"Nicely done." I hit Kengo lightly on his shoulder with my fist, giving him a smirk. Kengo's cheeks grew slightly red as he scratched his cheek with an awkward look. I felt happy that we handled half of the process of getting rid of the Exception but I felt kind of embarrassed about the other half.