Berserkers - Sanctuary of The Berserkers (1)

Back With Shuichi, Duo, And Shiro. . . .

"Now then, Shiro. I suppose you'd like to hear about Sacred Artifacts next." Shuichi had a hand under his chin as he stared at the serious Shiro who still had a frown on his face.

"Yes. . . That would be good, Shuichi. We need to cover that before anything else. First, Sacred Artifacts are called that because that is how they are referred to in the App. What are they?" Shiro was looking at the book in his hand that could summon all of his demons familiar as he asked Shuichi this question.

"My answer would be that they are quite literally artifacts possessing the sacred powers of the gods." Shiro looked up from his book with raised eyebrows at what Shuichi just said to him, not quite believing it.

"What do you mean?" Shuichi got a sharp look in his eyes as his smile grew wider looking at a confused Shiro.

"Say, Shiro, what do you think gods are?" Shuichi threw Shiro off with this question as he furrowed his eyebrows together, trying to think of a way to respond to what he just asked.

"Yes. Gods. Don't worry, I'm not trying to convert you or anything. Tell me your definition of gods. Then again. . . that might be difficult for you." Shuichi had a teasing smile on his face as he looked at Shiro's confused face. "Let me ask you this. Say there's someone who can destroy an island with the flick of a finger. Would they classify as a god?"

"I think you could call someone who could do that a god." Shiro agreed with Shuichi on that with a serious expression causing Shuichi to look at him with a satisfied smile on his face.

"Then, what if there's a person who invested a large amount of resources to create a weapon to destroy the island?" At Shuichi's question Shiro put a hand under his chin thinking for a few seconds with his eyebrows furrowed.

"They wouldn't be a god." At what Shiro said Shuichi nodded his head in agreement with Shiro. Shiro was looking at Shuichi, confused at the reason he was asking him these questions.

"Exactly, I agree. Ultimately, whether or not someone is considered god depends on the means they possess, not the results achieved. The latter exchanges resources for the results, while the former. . . completely ignores the law of physics. No matter how much energy you extract from one person, it would be impossible to gather enough to destroy an island. A god, however, could make that possible. They can overwrite the existing laws of the universe. They apply their own set of rules to the world. The Rules of the Sacred Artifacts are precisely the same thing." Shiro's eyes widened a bit realizing what Shuichi was trying to tell him in a roundabout way.

"I think I understand what you mean, Shuichi. In other words, the Sacred Artifacts are. . ." Shiro was mumbling to himself as his thoughts were quickly passing in his head as he came to a conclusion.

"They are artifacts that hold the power of the gods. That is why, whether they are shaped as swords, books, or clay tablets. . . Shape is immaterial. What's most important is the power in it: the lore of the artifact. Aside from Tokyo, there are 23 different worlds. Thus, the Sacred Artifacts are tied to 24 different mythological canons. We use the Battle Zones created by the App to wield the power of the gods. You could call this process a proxy war fought on behalf of the gods of other worlds. " Shuichi had a smirk on his face as he looked at Shiro's surprised face, enjoying catching him off guard.

Back At The Colosseum. . .

Taurus Mask fist connected with my Sword as I held it sideway in front of me. My Sword shook at the force of his hit but not too badly. I lift my leg up to kneel him in the stomach hard and once he gives me enough arm room I slice at him with my Sword. He fell to the ground while letting out a dramatic scream.