Missionaries - City Of Dogma (3)

As the fight continued between Zabaniyya and Kengo, Zabaniyya lost his balance slightly and Kengo's eyes narrowed as he ready his fist to attack him. "All right! Wide-open! You're mine now!"

Kengo's fists shoot out, dealing a powerful combination of strikes. Kengo's plan seems to rely on his opponent focusing so much on blocking that he's unable to dodge. He continues with a flurry of blows. However...

Zabaniyya takes every single strike head-on without even trying to dodge. It felt like he wasn't even trying to fight back against Kengo. Kengo must have been thinking this too because his expression got pretty pissed. "What the hell?! Even if you couldn't dodge, you could've at least blocked them!"

Kengo stops attacking Zabaniyya and just looks at him with an irritated expression. Zabaniyya dust himself off as he looked at Kengo with an unaffected look on his face. I wonder if he even felt anything from that fight?

"Are you satisfied?" Zabaniyya was treating Kengo like he was a child and just going along with what he wanted.

"Not particularly! I have no interest in hitting someone who won't fight back." Kengo looked like he was going to explode in anger at how uninterested Zabaniyya was acting. I don't know if Kengo should want Zabaniyya to fight him seriously, he may get his ass kicked if that happens.

"Then I yield to you for this sparring session," Zabaniyya speaks dispassionately, despite the force of Kengo's glare.

"What the hell's going on?! You should be a powerful fighter! I can tell by the way you move... I shouldn't even stand a chance against you. Based on what I saw earlier, you should be able to dodge my punches easily. Why not fight me seriously? Am I not even worth the effort?! Tell me. Please." Kengo ends his plea with a deep bow. I was surprised that Kengo would go that far for an answer...

"Nothing of the sort. I am not underestimating you at all. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I hold nothing but respect for you as a fellow martial artist." Zabaniyya looked at Kengo seriously as he said this.

"Huh? R-Respect?" Kengo looked caught off guard when Zabaniyya told him that.

"Your fists are... full of light, while my fists have been stained. They have no chance of reaching you. You do not raise your fists to hurt or destroy your opponents, but rather to grasp at the future that lies ahead of you. You remind me of Master Arsalan. Just like him, the sight of you is simply... too bright for my eyes." Zabaniyya looked down at the ground, his fists clenched tightly at his side.

"Arsalan? Who's that? Do you know who that is, Ryota?" Shiro asked Ryota this on the side as we continued to watch what was going on between Kengo and Zabaniyya.

"N-Nope... No clue." Ryota scratches at his cheek as he answers Shiro's question uncertainty.

"What on earth are you talking about? Whatever... Either way, I need to get stronger. No matter what. I need to keep fighting strong opponents so I can get stronger every day. Someday, I'll be the strongest!" Kengo hit his fists together as he told Zabaniyya this with a smirk on his face.

"Enough of this useless chatter. I just wanna know one thing. What would it take to make you fight me for real?" Kengo looked at Zabaniyya seriously as he asked this and I couldn't help but sigh a little to myself. I couldn't understand why he was still stuck on this.

"I wield my full strength against sinners who break the commandments, to make them atone for their wrongdoing." Zabaniyya bluntly told Kengo that with a serious expression.

"Uhh... What? Why does no one ever get right to the point?! You all talk like Shiro! Okay, hold on... So, in other words... If I break your commandments, you'll..." As Kengo was thinking deeply about what Zabaniyya said, Shiro walked behind Kengo holding his book in his hand with a cold smile on his face.