Part Nineteen

After band practice I decided I needed to go home. I promised Calum I would talk to my mom, so that's exactly what I was gonna do. I couldnt break a promise with my best mate.

Calum dropped me off and wished me luck before pulling away and leaving. I watched his car disappear around the corner before I walked through the front door. 

I walked upstairs and unpaked my stuff before going back down to finally face my mom. My mom looked up when she heard me step into the kitchen. She looked genuinly happy to see me. 

"Mom, Im so sorry. I shouldnt have yelled at you like that. I know you thought you were protecting me from dad when you didnt tell me about him. You didnt deserve to be treated like that, and Im so sorry. I love you mom, please forgive me." 

The words just started rushing out when I saw her. I missed her so much and I just needed her to know that I love her. 

"Oh sweetie, I love you too. Of course I forgive you. Come here."

She wrapped her arms around me and I finally felt like I was at home again. 

Our embrace was cut short when my phone started ringing in my pocket. As I pulled it out and saw Ashton's name on the screen I rejected it and turned my attention back to my mom. I just wanted to spend time with her right now. Ashton could wait. 

But my phone lit up again as Ashton's name flashed across the screen. 

"Mom, I gotta take this call. Want to watch a movie or something when I get back?"

She nodded her head and gave me another hug before walking into the living room to pick out the movie. 

Luke: Hey man, whats up? Im trying to hang out with my mom

Ashton: Sorry, but the news couldnt wait. Oh my god man youre never gonna believe what just happened. This is insane. 

Luke; Ashton! Just tell me what it is! 

Ashton: We got our first gig! Some guy from a bar downtown called Michael and said that he saw one of our covers on the internet and he wants us to play next Saturday night! 

Luke: Wow, thats amazing. People are finally gonna know who we are! I cant believe th-. Wait, did you say next Saturday? Thats less than a week away! We dont have near enough time to get ready! 

Ashton: Luke, calm down. We have plenty of time. Just hangout with your mom today and meet us at my house tomorrow morning at ten. We have to start practicing and we want to try and write a new song before them. Ill see you tomorrow, love you! 

Luke: Alright. Love you too, Ill see you in the morning. 

Ashton hung up and as I walked back into the living room I couldnt contain my excitement. 

"Sorry mom, Ash just needed to talk to me." 

The smile wouldnt leave my face. 

"Wow, why are you so cheerful?"

"You're never going to believe what Ashton just told me. Our band has our first gig. After a year and a half of practicing so hard we finally have a shot." 

Her eyes lit up and she once again pulled me in for a hug. 

"Im so proud of you." 

Those words were all I had wanted to hear since I got back. I was actually starting to believe that everything was going to be alright. 

After watching three movies with my mom and staying up way later than I probably should have I finally hit the hay. 

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Green Day playing from my alarm clock. I sauntered down the stairs and found my mom making pancakes in the kitchen.