Part Twenty Four Calum's P.O.V

I woke up to a knock on the door of our hotel room. 

Of course someone would come knocking right when I fell asleep. But my anger subsided when I opened the door and found Luke standing there with his guitar. 

"Hey man, what are you doing here, and why do you have a guitar?"

What was Luke doing here at two in the morning with a guitar?

"I need to see Cassie." 

Of course. He was probably about to try and win her back. 

I let him through the door without hesitation. I hated seeing Cassie so distraught all the time. If Luke would make her happy again then that's all I want.

I slipped out of the room to give them privacy but I put my ear up to the door to hear what was going on. 

I can hear Luke spilling out his feelings to Cassie about wanting to be friends how he needed her in his life. Now he's playing his guitar. 

Luke wrote a new song, and it's actually really good. Maybe we could record this. 

He stopped playing and I can hear some talking but I cant really make out what they are saying. 

The door opened causing me to almost fall into the room from leaning into it trying to hear. 

"Ya know, you could have just stayed in the room." 

He laughed at me before saying his goodnights and heading back down to his room. 

"Soooo, what happened? What did he say? Are you guys back together?"

"No Cal, we're friends."

Im glad they arent back together. Cassie and I had been hanging out a lot more ever since they broke up and I was glad she was spending more time with me. I didnt want to have to compete with Luke for her attention again. 

"Oh, are you okay with that?"

"Suprisingly yes. Im in London with all of my best friends and One Direction. My life couldnt be better right now and Im glad that I dont have to worry about a relationship." 

Cassie's smile was so real. It feels good to see her really be happy again. 

"Im glad you think that. And Im really glad that you're happy again. Get some sleep. We have sight seeing tomorrow!" 

I rolled over in my bed and shut my eyes, drifting off to sleep. 

*The next day*

"Calum wake up!" 

Cassie's voice pulled me out of my dreams and back into reality. Which right now, was just as good as my dreams. 

"Its like 7 o'clock. Let me sleep!" 

"Calum, its almost noon. Dont make me go get the water." 

That was all I needed to hear. I dont underestimate Cassie. 

"Alright Im getting up."

She laughed before pulling her hair out of the ponytail it was in and sitting down to start getting ready. 

I took a shower real fast and got ready for the day ahead of me. 

"Cas, Im gonna go grab some breakfast. Do you want anything?"

"Grab me a bagel and some orange juice. Ill be down in a few minutes." 

I nodded at her before walking out of the room to the elevator. 

The lobby was full of teenage girls. I made my way over to the table where I saw the boys. 

"Hey guys. Whats up with this?"

"Someone leaked the hotel name on twitter." Harry's voice came from behind me. 

I knew One Direction were popular but I never knew they got this much attention. 

After grabbing mine, and Cassie's breakfast, I finally saw her making her way through the crowd of girls. 

She looked around at the girls and gave me a questioning look. 

"One Direction."

She understood just by those two words.

"Oh the life of a fangirl." 

"You would know."

She giggled at my response and punched me in the arm. 

"So, do you know where we're going today?"

"Actually I think its just me and you. The 1d guys are going to record and the others are going out to some fancy lunch place. Is that cool with you?"

I hope she still wants to hangout with me and not go out to a fancy lunch that I cant really afford. 

"Are you kidding of course thats cool with me. I love hanging out with you!"

I felt a wave of relief and we made our way out to the car. The first place I headed was to Wembly Arena. We were going to be performing here in a week. As I pulled up in front of the huge building I felt every emotion hit me. I never would have imagined that I would be here, and this moment was so surreal. 

"Are you nervous for the show?"

"Yeah, a lot more than I thought I would be. This place is huge." 

The show was a week away and I was already nervous. 

"Hey, you guys are gonna do great. You always do. And Ill be front row cheering you on like always. If you get nervous just look at me." 

"You know how much I love you right?" 

"I love you too Cal. Now lets go get some food. Im starving."

I pulled away from the arena that towered over us and drove to the nearest diner to get lunch. 

We ate and made small talk about what we wanted to go see next, and once we finished we quickly made our way out to soak up more sight seeing in the little amount of time we had. 

"Lets walk, its really nice outside."

I agreed and we started to stroll down the streets of London. Cassie started to pull me into a little boutique on the side of the road. She walked around holding up clothes and I would nod or shake my head. 

Then I heard someone say my name. The voice was way too familiar. I never thought I would hear that voice again, and I wasnt sure if I ever wanted to. 

"Mom?"

"Calum, oh my god. What are you doing here?"

She was here. Standing right in front of me. The woman that had walked out on my dad and I nearly two years ago without even taking a glace behind her. 

"I should go." 

"Calum no! Please wait!" 

"Mom, I dont want to see you or talk to you. I dont want anything to do with you. Its been two years and you havent called or visited. And niether did I." 

With that I turned away and walked out of the store. 

"Calum, was that your mom? Are you okay?"

"Can we just get away from here?"

She nodded and we walked back to the car and drove back to the hotel. Im not really in the mood to do any more sight seeing. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I know Cassie is just worried about me, but I just wanted to be alone. But I couldnt shut her out. 

"I just dont get how she thought she could just come up to me and act like nothing was wrong. She hasnt spoken to me in years. I didnt even know she was in London." 

"Hey, its okay. Its over now and you dont have to see her again. C'mon, we have to meet the boys at band practice."

We only have a week to get everything together and I really need to focus on my music right now. 

"Alright, lets go."