Part Twenty Two Cassie P.O.V

The 15 hour flight from Montana to the UK went almost too fast. My anxiety is at an all time high and each step I take down the airbridge leading to the airport makes it go even higher. 

I finally made it to the airport and the only thing I can see is hundreds of screaming girls. One Direction is definetely here. 

The huge glass windows in the airport gave me the most amazing view I've ever seen. I cant believe my mom actually let me come. At first she was totally against it, but when I said I was going for Calum she couldnt say no.

 I pushed my way through the crowd towards the restroom. I made my way through the last little group of screaming girls, holding my head down to shelter myself from the dirty looks. 

After taking a few elbows to the side, I could finally see a clear shot to the bathroom. 

I took my makeup bag out and pulled the hair tie out of my hair. I've never been the most confident person, but I wouldnt say I think that I'm ugly. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and then headed out. 

The girls had died down a little bit and I could see the guys across the airport. They towered over all of the girls which was a little amusing. 

As I got closer I realized there was more than just four guys standing there. There were nine. 

Liam was the first one I saw. He was looking straight at me and he smiled. Liam Payne just smiled at me. 

"Cas! Get over here!" 

Calum had somehow managed to see me throughout the tons of girls surrounding them. 

As I walked over there I felt my heart race speed up and my hands got clammy. This was it. This was really happening. Im getting ready to meet the five guys that changed my entire life. 

Calum pulled me into his body like he was protecting me from getting pumbled by all the girls. 

"Calum, is this your girlfriend?"

Calum and I laughed at Niall's question, but I could have swore I saw Luke's jaw clench. I felt anger build up inside me. He had no reason to be jealous. He was the one who broke up with me. 

"Oh my god no. Cas and I have been friends for forever." 

The guys nodded at Calums explanation. I looked at Luke and he quickly averted his eyes from me. 

"So she's available?" 

Oh my god. Harry Styles just asked if I was available. I could feel the tension in the air grow as Calum and Ashton looked awkwardly at Luke. 

"Im gonna take that as a no." 

I laughed at what Harry said and we all made our way out to the black Escalades waiting for us in the airport parking lot. 

The boys started piling into the cars and before I knew it it was just Luke, Calum, and I standing together. I climbed in after Calum and Luke got in after me. 

Awkward silence filled the car the whole way to the hotel. 

We pulled up and I quickly got out and walked to entrance avoiding eye contact with everyone. I went to the front desk and got my room key. Cal and I had decided on the plane that we were going to share a room. 

I was the only one in the elevator and the moment of alone time was peaceful. But it didnt last long. The door opened and Calum was outside the waiting for me. 

"Stairs are always quicker." 

I punched him in the arm before jumping on his back. 

He unlocked the door and threw me down on the bed closest to the window. Calum knew I loved being able to turn on my side and look out the window at the stars. 

"So have you and Luke talked about the break up?"

"Not really. Before we left he said he wanted to be friends but its just weird, ya know? Like we went from not being able to be away from each other to not even wanting to be around each other. I hate it." 

And I really did. I hated how Luke and I were. He hasnt even made an effort to be friends. 

"Maybe you guys just need to have some alone time and talk some more. Dont forget that you and Luke started out as friends, not lovers. He'll come around. Just give him some time. You arent the only one that was affected by the break up." 

Calum was right. I hadnt even thought about how Luke was feeling. I was being selfish. 

"I need to go talk to him." 

I gave Calum a quick hug before slipping out of the room and walking towards the elevator. But as the door opened I stood face to face with the person that I was just going to see. 

"Hey Luke, what are you doing up here?"

"Um, I was just going to talk to Calum. Where are you going?"

He was going to see Calum, not me. Of course he wasnt going to see me. He's over me and there's nothing I can do about it. 

"I was just going to check out the pool. Ill see you around."

I spun around and made my way to the stairs, my heart breaking more with every step. The fact that he didnt follow me made my heart ache even more. 

Loving someone that doesnt love you back takes pain to a whole new level. A pain that I wouldnt wish on even my worst enemy. And right now, pain was the only thing I could feel. 

I found the pool and hung my feet over the edge feeling the cold water on my toes. I was the only one in here and it felt good to finally be alone with my thoughts. 

The door creaked open and I heard footsteps come up behind me. 

Zayn sat down beside me and put his feet in the water causing little ripples to spread across the once smooth surface. 

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, there's just a lot going on right now. Can I ask you for some advice?"

He nodded at me, waiting for my question.

"What does it mean when a guy breaks up with you and says he still wants to be friends but then doesnt make any effort to keep the connection between you guys?"

"You're talking about Luke arent you?"

Of course he could see right through me. 

"He's just a dumb boy. It's pretty clear that you guys had something special but all things come to an end. And thats okay. He's just trying to get over you. He might have broke up with you, but he's broken too. He'll come to his senses eventually." 

Zayn was right, all things do come to an end. But Luke and I didnt have to end. Im here. We could still be together. 

I said goodbye to Zayn and headed back up to the room to sleep. Jet lag was a new thing to me and I wasnt used to being this exhausted. 

Luke was gone and Calum was already snoring. I tried to be as quiet as possible as I changed my clothes and took my make up off, but I wasnt quiet enough. 

"Cas, is that you? Did you talk to Luke?"

 "No, I didnt get the chance too." 

I couldnt tell Calum that I chickened out.

"Cal, can I sleep by you tonight?"

"You dont wanna look at the stars?"

I shook my head and he gave me a little smile.

"Come here."

I crawled into his bed and cuddled into his side.

"It's gonna be alright Cas. I promise."

That was the last thing I heard before I drifted off to sleep.