Grief

Billies POV

I paced nervously backstage, constantly checking my phone to see if Taylor had messaged me or tried to call. Nothing. God she must be so scared and upset right now. I know it looked fucking bad but man she got it all wrong. This was all Dani's fault. I wish she would've just stop and let me explain.
"Honey, I just spoke to Brooke on the phone. She found Taylor and she's with her right now" my Mom appeared behind me and reached for my hand. This was something she did to calm someone.
"Is she okay? Where is she. I need to go and see her" i started to walk toward the exit but Finneas stopped me
"Bil were on in 5. We can do this after" he said softly in a low voice.
"No Fin! I need to talk to her. I can't do this without talking to her first" I choked on my words as I felt a lump form in my throat. I pulled out my phone and dialled Brooke's number.
It rang three times before she answered
"Hello" Brooke's voice said on the other line
"Brooke! Where's Taylor! Is she okay?" I felt the tears start to well up in my eyes again
"No. She's had a bit of a rough night Bil. But you would already know that" she said harshly
"I know but it's not what it looked like. Can you please just put her on. I need to talk to her" my voice was desperate now.
I could hear a very small, quiet voice speak in the background.
"I don't think she wants to talk to you Bil. We're on our way to the airport. I already spoke with your mom so she knows what's going on" her voice was softer now. There was something else going on. Taylor wouldn't just leave like this unless there was something else going on.
"The-the airport? Why the fuck are you going to the airport??" I stammered as I struggled to fit the pieces together
"Bil...Taylor's Mom died." Her words hit me like a tonne of bricks.
"Brooke. Please. You need to let me speak to her. Please!" My legs were shaking and tears started to stream down my cheeks again.
I heard shuffling and then a soft empty voice that didn't sound anything like my Taylor.
"Hello." Her voice was croaky and  quiet. She sounded so fucking broken.
"Taylor! Baby, I'm so sorry! Fuck... this is so messed up. I promise i never touched her. D forced herself on me. All those candles and the flowers and everything... that was all for you.  It was supposed to be a surprise but Dani messed it all up.
And your Mom... oh Taylor I'm so fucking sorry. We're going to get through this. I'm coming to the airport right now and I'm going with you" I spoke softly as I listened to her broken sniffles on the other end.
"I saw you two" her voice cut off like she was starting to cry more now. Fuck I've never heard her cry before and it hurts so much. I just want to hold her.
"Baby you have to believe me. Nothing happened. I'm yours. Always have been yours and always will be yours. Dani literally forced herself on me and I tried to stop her but then you walked in. I would never lie to you" i spoke clearer and firm now. She had to know the truth and she had to believe it.
"I believe you" she whispered
"What time does the plane leave. I'm coming with you" i said again
"Bil...you have your show. You have to perform. You can't walk out on your fans." she croaked, her voice even quieter than before.
"Babe. What time is the flight" I repeated myself firmly
"11:00" her voice croaked
Fuck that's only an hour away. I looked to my brother who was watching me with worried eyes.
"I can make it. I promise I'll be there okay"
I heard the line go dead and carefully put my phone back in my pocket with shaky hands.
And with that, Fin made his was put into the stage. As the crowd began to roar, I took a deep breath and followed soon after him
———————————————————————
Taylors POV
I sat slumped in my chair at our boarding gate as we waited to be called for our flight. My eyes were red and sore from crying and I had a splitting headache. Brooke had gone to get us both a coffee while I sat staring at a spot in the wall, unmoved from my seat.
There was an old woman a few seats away from me who would look up every so often to look at me with sweet, yet concerned eyes. I'd try my best attempt at a smile back at her to avoid any questions or conversation . I knew she could see something was wrong but was too polite to ask.
Brooke returned with the coffees, snapping me out of my straight stare at the wall
"Here you go bud. Careful it's hot" She said as she handed it to me
I took a sip, not even caring that it was burning the tip of my tongue. The warmth was comforting.
"Do you think she'll come" I whispered, staring back at the wall again and avoiding eye contact to keep from crying again.
"Yeah babe. She sounded really serious on the phone. I believed her by the way... what she said about Dani. Plus I really don't think she could ever do that to you. She loves you....I know she does." She spoke softly rubbing comforting circles on my back with her hand.
I nodded without saying anything and took another sip.
I slumped back into my chair as my eyes started to feel heavy
"You tired?" She leaned back with me, trying to look at my eyes
"Mmm" I mumbled, looking at her this time. Big mistake. I felt my eyes start to pool again.
She wrapped her arm over my shoulder and gave me a little squeeze as she held me.
I know my mom and I weren't always that close, but this shit still hurt bad.
The intercom came over that our flight had started boarding. I felt a panic start to wash over me. We still had time but I was starting to get worried. I looked at Brooke with worried eyes.
"She'll be here T" she said as she comforted me with a little squeeze again

————————————————————————
I'll be updating quite a bit tonight so stay tuned! ❤️