Island Home

Despite your first impressions, during Zarah's tour of her island, you quickly learned how beautiful the jungle there really was. Sure it was pretty dense, and you had a hell of a time traversing through the underbrush right behind this small, agile child leading the way, but you finally witnessed what the wilderness out there truly had to offer.

Zarah first dragged you to this low, swampy area, where giant, red flowers with velvet-like petals were blooming. They were absolutely massive, and were shaped like cups- in a way- so they could trap flying pray by luring them with its nectar. In the distance, past the water, you saw a small family of elk turn their heads toward you, before quickly dashing away, out of sight. You heard the low chirping of frogs, both in the water and on the trees, and saw butterflies fluttering about, while lightning bugs strobed their lights underneath the shade of the canopy.

"Wow," you take in your surrounding, amazed at such a simple, yet gorgeous sight.

"Yeah," Zarah looked pleased with your reaction "this is my favorite hunting spot".

"Oh, you hunt here?" you fake a smile, seeming a little put off by the idea of death happening at such a beautiful location.

Zarah nods "Animals like to eat here, and so do I!"

"I see," you understood, but that still didn't mean you weren't saddened by that news.

"Okay, that's enough of here; follow me!" Zarah skipped through the swamp while you kept up from behind.

You noticed a small creek that Zarah was having the two of you follow, and that eventually lead to this small, yet drastic, change in elevation. It was a cliff: it was only about a foot taller than you, but it was a wall of dirt you still had to climb up all the same. You notice that the source of the creek came from a little waterfall that was making relaxing splashing noises coming from the top. Zarah diligently made her way up with the assistance of her pre-crafted vines used as steps. You followed suit, pulling yourself up, getting your already tattered tunic all dirty. Without a pause, Zarah was already going on ahead, continuing along the creek's path.

"Hey, Zarah, wait up!" You pleaded, finally getting to your feet and dusting yourself off.

Zarah turned her head, smirked, and then proceeded to turn back around sprinting away even faster.

"Oh gods...," you sigh before running as fast as you could after her.

She was always within your sight for the most part, but it was getting harder and harder to run thanks to the change in terrain: the ground had transitioned from dirt and moss to gravel and rocks, with the occasional vine thrown in. The trees became more sparce the further you went, until you eventually hit the ocean on a side of the island you had yet to see. Catching your breath, you saw how high up you were from sea level, for you saw said sea from where you stood: the gorgeous blue water from atop the cliff edge you had approached looked calm and clear, unlike your heart at the moment. The cliff's surface where you were standing was solid rock, and you were amazed by the structure it formed under your feet.

"Hey! Ocean!" Zarah called to you, using a nickname she just came up with.

You looked over to her and saw her standing over a small pond of steaming water underneath yet another small waterfall.

"Is that-" you stepped over to her, looking down at the water below "a hot spring?"

Zarah shrugged "Uhhh, sure? It's just a puddle of hot water; I think it's neat".

You stand there, admiring nature.

"And look over here!" Zarah excitedly bounces off to the side to this old looking tree.