The Big Tree

Sinbad, Yamraiha, Alibaba, Morgiana, and Aladdin all made it back to the camp on the beach with Zarah. After some minor discussions with the rest of the group, Yamraiha sat down and started reading the book of Forbidden Magic Zarah had given to her. While she studied up, all Sinbad could really do was wait.

It was nearing noon and the sun was beating down on Sinbad as he paced along the ocean's edge. Hearing the waves crash and feeling the water engulf his bare feet, keoping himself somewhat distracted from his troubles only momentarily. But, then again, the ocean itself reminded him of you, so he found himself emotionally stuck.

"King Sinbad."

Startled, Sinbad nearly jumped out of his skin at the sudden voice behind him. He was so lost in thought he didn't even hear the solid footsteps of Morgiana approach him.

"Ah, y-yes, Morgiana?" Sinbad collected his composure "What is it?"

Morgiana's expression looked somewhat nervous, but she still had a demeanor about herself that exudeded confidence.

"I think you should go check on Y/N," Morgiana looked red in the face.

"Why? Is she okay?!" Sinbad started getting a little worried.

"That's not why-" Morgiana getting more embarrassed by the second "s-she's sleeping, actually. I just saw you walking back and forth over here, so I thought I'd suggest something to occupy your time".

Sinbad sighed, his heart tightening "Huh, Morgiana. I guess I don't know-"

"Just go," Morgiana's eyebrows furrowed "Stop being a coward".

Morgiana stomped away, shaking the sand in her wake. Sinbad was taken aback by her sudden outburts, but he felt the truth in her words all the same. He acknowledged that maybe what he felt inside was cowardice, but he had every right to feel that. Although, a broken heart might feel the same as death, they have quite different endings.

Eventually Sinbad did heed Morgiana's advice and made his way over to where you were resting. He exhaled to calm his nerves just before he pushed opened the flimsy door.

His eyes immediately darted to you, understandably, sleeping right where you had been for the past couple days. Sinbad felt his hands shake as he made his way to your side, and sat on the floor beside your cot. His half lidded gaze going over your features, he noted your skin lacking its usual, lively glow, and your breathing was scratchy. Your left hand laid flat, laying beside you. Sinbad gingerly placed his own into your palm, wrapping his fingers around it and gripping it slightly.

"I'm getting so many memories of when you first showed up to Sindria, and were bed ridden," he brought your hand up to his mouth, giving it a tender kiss "Why does this have to happen again?"

Sinbad welled up with so many emtions that instantly came flooding back when his skin came in contact with yours in such a miserable moment. He felt a tug on his heart that made his eyes become teary.

Underneath his sniffling to try and hide his sobs, his ears perked up once he heard your voice.

"I'm sorry," you were quiet, but Sinbad heard it nonetheless.

Sinbad felt embarrassed that you were awake and probably heard you, making his face go flush.

"Don't apologize for that, please," Sinbad calmly assured "What happened to you was a burden enough as it is".

"No-" you were too weak to speak further than that.

"No?" Still very curious, Sinbad could tell that you were struggling to communicate, so he thought it'd be better if he headed out "You need to keep resting. Don't worry though, Yamraiha is researching on how to get you back on your feet".