Search Party

The concoction Yamraiha gave you had worked wonders; within fifteen minutes of drinking it, the pain you had been aching through had mostly subsided— for that moment, at least. Slowly, you bagan to sit up, finally able to properly adjust your laying position after almost a whole twenty four hours of laying there. You hobbled your way to your feet, dying to stretch your legs. Still getting adjusted, you shuffled your way to the door, opened it just a crack, and peeked outside curiously. The sun was nearly setting, casting its light from the side, illuminating on the new guests on the beach. Your eyeline traced acrossed the plain and onto each person there.

Yamraiha, Pisti, Sharrkon, Hinahoho-

There were so many people you had recognized and remembered spending time with back in Sindria, and a couple more new faces who seemed to mix well with the old.

But where's Sinbad?

You couldn't recall if Yamraiha said he was here too, but why wouldn't he be? All his generals were here, so it'd make sense that they would travel with their king.

Wait... where's Zarah?

You stepped out the door, dragging your feet in the sand. A few people looked your way after noticing you out of the corner of their eye, and their faces lit up.

Spartos beamed your way "Hey, it's Y/N!"

With that, all the eyes were on you. Being not the biggest fan of crowds— stemming from all those years spent with mostly just Harun— you gave a nervous smile, and did a small wave.

Most everyone tried flocking your way, but Yamraiha dove to the front of the pack.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Yamraiha stumbled up to you with a worried look "I know you might be feeling a bit better but you really shouldn't be up and walking around right now!"

Ignoring her worries, you looked up at Harun urgently "Where is Zarah? Where did she go?"

"S-she ran into the forest, actually!" Harun pointed nervously behind himself with his thumb over his shoulder.

"And Sinbad, did he go after her?" you looked off into that direction he gestured to, concern plastered on your face.

"Yes!" Harun nodded nervously "and a Magi went with him- Aladdin did".

"A Magi?" you did a pained sigh "I need to go after them. I don't know what Zarah is going to do when a grown man just follows her through the jungle".

You began doing your slow march towards the trees.

"Stop that, what are you doing?" Yamraiha followed you, panicking "Didn't you hear me before?"

"I need to get to Zarah, so who cares about me?!" you brush off her urgent words your shoulder, continuing on your venture.

"I'll help you, Miss Y/N!" a young, blonde man approached you from the side, waving a hand in the air "My name is Alibaba".

"I'll help too," a red headed girl stepped forward from behind him to volunteer also.

"That's Morgiana," Alibaba casually introduced.

You sighed once more "Okay, fine. But stay behind me, okay?"

"Got it," Alibaba nodded while Morgiana gave a thumbs up.

The three of you then stepped over thicket and dissapeared into the murky jungle.

---

Aladdin at the front, and Sinbad fearfully clutching onto the back, the two sped on Aladdins magic carpet-turban through the jungle. Zarah had such a headstart that they weren't even sure they were trailing her.

"Wait, I see something," something had caught Sinbad's eye.

To the left, Sinbad saw just a glipse of odd movement heading away from them.

"It could be just an animal, but I'm pretty sure the girl was back there!" Sinbad announced "Aladdin, make this thing turn left and head back a little, and hurry!"

"Will do, King Sinbad!" with a tilt of his body Aladdin controled the carpet as such, going diagonally back and left as Sinbad scanned the forest floor.

"It is her, I definitely see her now!" Sinbad pointed at the girl running frantically below.

With Sinbad's call, Zarah ended up noticing them, causing her to get scared.

With all of her amazing might, Zarah tactfully conjured a massive trew to sprour right under where she predicted Aladdin and Sinbad were going to be.

The leaves cushioning their bottoms, the two were shoved forcfully into the air, above the tree tops. They even make air from the carpet, but luckily they both clutched on it so tightly and stayed onboard. Then with an arching downward swoop, the boys dove back down under the tree tops only to see that Zarah had completely vanished from their sight.

"Damn!" Sinbad groaned "This girl, she has been a little terror this whole time! I'm starting to get on my last nerve".

"Hold up, Sinbad," Aladdin sushed the king and leaned forward, putting a cupped hand behind his own ear "Do you hear that?"

Sinbad zipped his lips, listening closely. Sure enough, he too heard an odd sound in that jungle. It was the sound of quiet sobbing, and it wasn't coming from too far. Gingerly, the carpet eased its way between tbe branches, being sure not to crash into a single thing that would make any sort of sound. Soon, they were lead to a tree with a thick trunk, and higher up there was a child-sized hole in it. Carefully, they rose up and stopped right infront of said hole. Inside was Zarah, who was crumpled into a ball and crying into her knees.

"Hey, Zarah," Aladdin greeted gently.

Zarah's eyes shot open and immediately she instictivly tried crawling back, but there was the tree in the way, so she scrambled and clawed on the walls.

"Please, don't be afraid!" Aladdin urged "We just came to make sure you were okay, is all!"

Sinbad remained silent, and Zarah was still cautious, but less terrified. He tense body loosened, her breathing still at a fast rate.

"We can just talk, if that's alright?" Aladdin sat crosslegged on the carpet just a few feet away from the hole, smiling wide "Like, about what you do for fun? What your favorite color is?"

While Aladdin tried getting on her good side, Sinbad sat back and couldn't help but think about what that girl was truly capable of damaging.