Myrtle

{Good luck and love in a marriage}

There was a small boy, he was a mere four feet tall. He was quite skinny and he has a head full of curly hair.

I sat in a field covered in tall green grass, staring at the young boy.

He turned around and looked at me with a small smile. "Daddy, what are you doing sat down? Pappa gave us the bouncy ball for a reason", the small boy said with a giggle.

Pappa? Daddy?

He took my hand in his and walked us deeper into the field and to my surprise, there sat Jamie, his nose in a book.

The strange boy took out a small lavender ball and tossed it at me and I swiftly caught it. "Come on Daddy! Trow it!", The small boy cried. I let out a chuckle before throwing the ball back at him.

His eyes widened for a moment before a large smile appeared on his face. "Pappa! Did you see that! I caught it, I caught it!" He claimed with glee clear in his voice.

"Good job my darling! You see, I told you, you could!" Jamie smiled at the young boy.

I looked at the beautiful man beside me. His thick dark curly locks where still very much there and his gorgeous ocean blue eyes still had that wonderful sparkle. I gave him a genuine smile and he wasted no time returning it.

There was a sudden change in setting. I payed on my bed, arms wrapped loosely on who I could only guess was Jamie. I played with his pretty curls before we both jolted up at a sudden cry.

I ran as fast as I could to find the same young boy hugging his knees, staring at nothing, tears welling up in his eyes.

"It's okay, I'm hear now, Daddy's here to protect you", I cooed as I held him in my arms.

I gently stroked his hair before looking down at his bloodshot eyes full of fear.

He was still very much scared before Jamie walked into the small blue room, holding his ukulele.

He began strumming the strings to create a similar melody. He slowly started walked towards the bed, still strumming the strings.
He finally made it to the bed and he started to hum a very familiar melody. His hums turned into beautiful lyrics and rythms as he calmed the frightened child in my arms.

"I can see tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go", he sang with his angelic voice

"When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes, the sun just went  down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby even when the music's gone, gone

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound", he sang the rythms like he has been doing it for his entire life."

"Just close your eyes, you'll be alright
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound", he finished and pressed a long and loving kiss on the young boy's head

"Feel better?" Jamie asked the young boy. "Loads but could you and Daddy stay here with me till' I fall asleep?" He asked. "Of course! You need to get some rest now, you have a big day at school tomorrow", Jamie said and got comfortable in the small bed.

I laid there, starring at the ceiling, holding two of the most precious things in the world. I slowly start to drift away into uncountiousnes when a familiar beeping sound made me jolt awake.

God damnit.

This dream was obviously to good too be true...

A/N: thank you so much for reading! I promise that the bowling alley chapter will come out soon!

Xoxo

💐Norma💐