Sunflower |Jamie's pov|

{True Adoration}

The Date

I sat at my desk chair looking at myself in the mirror. I was a nervous wreak all day just because of this date. We talked to each other yesterday but not much was said about our date. I mean he didn't really specify if he was going to keep it a secret till the day of or anything but I presume that is what is happening.

I glance at myself one last time before putting on the outfit Ella helped me put together. It wasn't much but I sure did look damn fine in it. It was a long and cozy burgundy spaghetti strap dress with a pair of lace on black ballerina flats.

Just to make things clear, I am a boy, but I dress more genderfluid. It doesn't make me a girl but a feminine boy.

After pulling that on, I walk back to my desk and curl my lashes. I then apply some light mascara and some tinted lip balm. I slightly smile at my reflection before going downstairs to get Mike's gift. It may not be his birthday just yet but this is a present to show my love for him. Although I can't tell him how much I love him, I could always show him.

I walk outside to the patio to grab the flowers I got him. Maybe it is a little stereotypical to bring flowers on the first date but It is my special craft and I wanted to make something for him. I smile down at the lavender and the small buds of the baby's breath. Strange name for a flower.

I suddenly hear the doorbell ring and my nerves suddenly spike. I walk up to the door slowly before pulling it open.

"Hey", he says with a smile. "Hi", I say back. We gaze into each others eyes as he greet each other. The sudden thump of my sisters feet started both of us as we look away. "So I see that you are taking my brother here out. Where may I ask?" Ella starts and I roll my eyes. "We are just going to go on a picnic and watch some movies on my outdoor movie theater." he said calmly. I turn to see my sister nodding her head before weaving us off to head out.

"Nervous?"

"You wish".

. . . . . . . . .

We arrive at his house which was beautifully decorated with flowers of many kinds. "I see someone else has a liking for flowers", I say in awe. "Yeah, my mom is big on flowers.", I nod my head as we continue to walk to the side door of a fence. "Why are we going this way?" I ask, puzzled. "It is easier to get to our destination", He said as he opened the door and allowed me to see the most beautiful scenery I've seen.

There where fairy lights hanging from four metal rods and a small seating area that faced a large white screen. There was food already placed in there significant areas and blankets and pillows where laid nicely next to them. "Wow" was all that came out of my mouth as I stared in awe.

I turn to look at him and see that he was already looing at me. He held out his hand for me to take it. he guided me to the surprisingly cozy chair and turned around to get some unknown thing.

I stood there shocked, as always, as he pulled out a sleek black guitar and a large genuine smile. "Before we started anything, I wanted to sing you something that I wrote, For today specifically", he said with a sheepish grin. All I could do was nod and watched the show before me.

he started off by strumming it for a while before he began to sing.

"To many, my love for you just a phase, To me it is just the start of the race, The beginning of the end, and I know to you all my love I send

I know not what is to come, or if you are going to be the only one, but I know for a fact, I will never let go of you or hold back

The stars are bright tonight, Can still see them through the darkness of the night, Ever thought of running away? That's the thought that haunts my mind today

No more walls we have to break, No more expectations we have to make, Just you and me running free

You might not see the way I see, You may not dream the way I dream, I may not be the person I want to be, You may just think this is a scheme,

Oh baby can't you see? You've always belonged with me, Oh baby please believe me, Take my hand so we can flee,

Oh please baby be with me, Take my hand to be set free, Oh baby, baby Stay with me

I say this again, In this extensive refrain, that I will never regret that day, when you stole my heart all the way

I mean there are billions of people in this Earth, but you are the one that is all of it's worth, you may just see this as a cheesy song, but I'll let you know once and for all

The stars are bright tonight, Can still see them through the darkness of the night, Ever thought of running away? That's the thought that haunts my mind today

No more walls we have to break, No more expectations we have to make, Just you and me running free

You might not see the way I see, You may not dream the way I dream, I may not be the person I want to be, You may just think this is a scheme,

Oh baby can't you see? You've always belonged with me, Oh baby please believe me, Take my hand so we can flee

Oh please baby be with me, Take my hand to be set free, Oh baby, baby Stay with me

So we can go through this together and we can live happily"

He finished. My heart swelled at the lyrics that came out of his mouth. This boy was truly something else. Before he could even do anything, I jumped out of my seat and gave him a large hug. "I loved it", I said as I snuggled my head into the crook of his neck, feet not even touching the floor anymore.

"I'm glad you did", he said as he snuggled closer to me.

We spent the rest of the night eating grapes and drinking sparkling apple cider while watching Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World and Hercules.

don't forget the kisses here and there.