Unexpected News

Dinner was, well, chaotic. Chantell couldn't stop spilling of my dirty little secrets like that one time I was pretending to make-out with Jamie with my pillow and how I would always try to dress to impress so he would notice me. Shawn wasn't much help because he backed up what Chantell claimed and Jamie's sister Ella just sat there and showed pictures of me and Jamie getting intimate! Who the hell has that many pictures of her own brother and his boyfriend kissing, cuddling and having a hot make-out sesh!?

Both Jamie and I hid our faces for the most part so that our family members couldn't see the brutally obvious blush on our cheeks. My dad just glared at me and Jamie from the opposite end of the table and my mom just kept asking if we used protection! Like, what the hell mom! I'm still a virgin! Just to be clear!

But the worst part so far is when Chantell randomly pulls out my song book and recites one of my poems! And she just had to pick the cheesiest of the bunch! I wrote that a year ago when I started falling deeper for Jamie! AHHHHHHHH!

After that... happened, my mom decided to completely change the subject and talk about racism and stuff. I mean it was kind of interesting but you know, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT OLD POEMS YOU WROTE WHERE SO IMPACTFUL TO YOUR ATTENTION SPAN!

. . . . . . . . .

I lay peacefully on my bed, cuddled closely to Jamie. I let out a sigh as I play with my beautiful boyfriend's hair. A small knock at the door startled me and I tried my hardest not to wake Jamie as I go to open it.

The bright light from the hallway stings my eyes as I open the door. "Hey Dad, what's up?", I ask, voice raspy. "Ugh, your grandpa called. He said he wanted to talk to you", he said as he lead me to the living room.

We sat across from each other as I held the phone closely to my face. "H-hey Gramps, it's been a while, how have you been?", I ask, voice wavering and my hand clenched the iPhone harder. "Sure has son....are you alone?", He asks. "N-no my dad is still in the room", I relied. "Can you tell him to leave for a few, I just want to talk to you", he said in a wavering tone. I whispered to my dad and he easily complied. Which left me alone with my grandpa on the phone.

We haven't really talked since my grandma died so this was very strange. "So, what do you need to tell me?", I ask. "I can only say this once, or they will catch me", he said in a hush voice. "W-who is they?", I ask, concerned. "Just listen son! Your grandma didn't die because of heart failure, she died because her blood was poisoned. She was murdered.", He said quickly. My eyes widened at this new information. "W-what?", Was Al I could get out of at this point.

"She used to involve herself with a gang, but not just any gang, the Anti - Homophiles. They terrorized against the LGBT community. Your grandmother used them for protection from other extremest groups. She lasted a while before they found out her big secret. Your grandma liked girls, Mike. She just married me for protection", he said, sorrow clear in his voice. My mind was just in shambles now. My grandma was a closeted lesbian her entire life! She was running for what seems like a very strong gang! What the hell grammie!

"W-well, some time past and she thought she was safe, you just turned thirteen and she was at the high of her life. But everything came crashing down when they broke into the house that one day. She tortured her Mike! They cut her with rusty metal and poison covered blades!", She sobbed quietly. "Mike save yourself and your boy! They have spies all around here! Mike please! They want Chantell and Shawn too. They hate everything about the Scott's. Mike, just... just ", He sobbed.

The call took and abrupt stop as he cried.

I felt fresh hot tears fall, low sobs erupted from me as I stare at the back screen of the phone.

They killed her.

And now they are after me.

A/N: thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this chapter! I appreciate every one of my readers!

💐Norma💐