Finale [2]

The bullets shook the room as Jamie, Ella and I took cover. It had been two hours since Jamie found out that today was the final battle, the battle that dictates our futures. "MIKE! Connor isn't doing to good downstairs! We have to get into new positions!" Ella yelled as she reloaded her riffle. I simply nodded before shooting the guy in front of us, dead. Jamie was quick to grab his shotgun and finish the other intruder. Even when those two where finished, gunshots still roared from downstairs.

We quickly hustled down the stairs, shooting the enemy on sight. Downstairs was packed with different body guards and he men dressed in black. I shot two shots before a loud cry took my attention.

Three men grabbed Connor, ripped his gun from his hands and shot him in his stomach. My face paled as I ran up to him. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF JIM YOU DIRTY FUCKERS!" I cried as I shot one of them square in the head. I cradled him in my arms as tears slowly streamed down my face. I felt someone behind me kill off the other two before tuning in front of me.

"W-What happened!? Holy shit he's bleeding a lot", Jamie said before calling for backup. The sound of gunshots in the far background started to fade as I stared at my dying friend.

I saw him more than just a friend. I saw him as the person I trusted with my deepest secrets, the person who I sought to for comfort. The person who I loved like a brother. And the person who is dying because of me. Because of this dumb fuck. "Your gonna be okay! I swear! J-just stay with me, o-okay", I say with tears flowing out of my eyes. "I'm f-fine, just a bullet wound." He rasped out. He swallowed deeply and tried to sit up but wincing at the pain in his stomach. More tears spilled my eyes as I heard him closer.

Jamie tried to disinfect it but the woods was turning green and the blood around it started to become watery. "T-they must have put some sort of poison in his wound before we got to him. H-he", Jamie whispered as he inspected the wound. My eyes widened in shock as more tears fell. "It's gonna be fine buddy, at least I'm not dying a virgin", he said with a dull laugh. "But you promise me that you two will survive, that Shawn and Chan make it. Especially Chan, I always thought she was hot, sorry. " he laughed again and I couldn't help but smile. "You always find a way to make the shittiest times a little less shitty", I said with a sad smile. "I know. I'll miss you buddy, you big gay", he said. "I'll miss you too you ginger freak", I said before hugging him as tight as I could.

His arms went limp in my clutch before they dropped to the floor. I sobbed as I heard him close, patting his ginger hair. Now these fuckers are really going to get it.

.........

It was around three in the afternoon and all of us that where left huddled in the kitchen. The enemy stopped sending there men like they where giving us a break. We tried to calm down but the sadness and paranoia still coated the room like bread and butter.

I sighed before going to hug Jamie. Now that Connor is gone it's like there is a pit in my heart. An emptiness that lets nothing in nor out. I feel numb but so emotional at the same time. I just want him to make me laugh this feeling away but he isn't here anymore. He's in a better place but I want him to be here with me and with everyone else.

Jamie squeezes me a little harder after he hears me sigh once again.

then out of nowhere, I remembered that thing the told me when we where younger. The thing that helped me through so much...

Its gonna be okay Mike. If she was that close to you, you don't need some flowers to remember her by. if you truly loved her then you don't need anything to remember her by because you will never forget her. Yea, losing someone is kinds shitty but its just nature, okay?

everything will be okay...

""Dude, the only thing you've been doing since you shift started was stare at Jamie and sigh. You need a life."

"Mike, your gay is showing",

"Look he is drooling this time"

"STOP EYE FUCKING HIM AND HET TO WORK!"

I'm gonna miss you Connor...

RIP
Connor Adams
9/9/02 — 2/15/20

A/N: thank you so much for reading! I'm sorry for the short and sad chapter but there are the last ones and I just wanted to make them a little shorter to capture certain moods. RIP Connor, he was a great character and a great touch to this book.

-💐Norma 💐