Chapter 12

"Crookedpaw!" yowled Bramblepaw. "How was the moonstone'" he asked.

"It was great," Crookedpaw replied. Bramblepaw sighed.

"I wish I could go." Bramblepaw said.

"You will go soon." Soothed Crookedpaw.

"Crookedpaw! You need to train!" Fleckpelt called.

Crookedpaw padded away slowly. "I'll see you later." she whispered.

Bramblepaw nodded. Crookedpaw came to her mentor. "What do we do?" she asked.

"Its time," he meowed. "You have been training for almost a moon. I'm going to ask Icestar if you could go to the Gathering in a few days."

Crookedpaw's eyes widened. "Really?" she asked. Fleckpelt nodded, "Well, you need to train hard as ever."

Crookedpaw puffed out her chest. "What shall I do first?" she asked.

"Go ahead and start hunting. I need a word with Icestar."

Crookedpaw pelted out of camp. She felt the wind go through her fur.

She went to her favorite hunting spot, and waited. She saw a carp swimming downstream. She unsheathed her claws and put them in the water.

She grabbed the carp as she pushed down on its spine. She killed it.

Then, she saw a twoleg kit on the other side of the river. It started to put a hind leg in the water. It started to come closer.

Crookedpaw started to back away slowly. It started to say something. Crookedpaw padded backwards.

The twoleg yelled as it ran across the river. Crookedpaw yowled in terror as it ran toward her.

Crookedpaw pelted away. The twoleg started to run after her. The twoleg called for its clanmates.

"THEREISACATHERE!" it yowled.

Crookedpaw could not tell what it was saying whatsoever.

Its clanmates was on the other side of the river.

Crookedpaw quickly pounced and started to climb a beech tree. The twoleg kit showed its clanmates she was up the tree.

"CATISUPTHATTREEGUYS!" It said.

Its clanmates started to scoot up after Crookedpaw.

Crookedpaw yelped. She hoped Fleckpelt was coming soon.

The twolegs were almost there. "Help! Fleckpelt! Thorntail! Bramblepaw!"

Crookedpaw yowled as loud as she could.

A twoleg kit grasped her tail. Crookedpaw yowled as loud as she could. She was pulled down to the bottom of the tree.

The kits surrounded her. They came closer, and closer.

Crookedpaw looked up at the blue sky. StarClan please, help me! Don't let me be harmed!

Suddenly, a patrol came. The twolegs turned around. "Crookedpaw!" Bramblepaw rushed over to her.

He had ducked under the twolegs. The twolegs were about to pet her.

Icestar pelted in between the twolegs. He hissed. It didn't do anything.

One of them grabbed Crookedpaw. It picked her up by the scruff.

Crookedpaw was churning her paws. Then she knew what to do.

She reached up to the twoleg's paws. She unsheathed her claws, raking it into the skin.

She'd drawn blood, the twoleg's paw was scarlet red, blood all over.

It screamed loudly and started to run. Its clanmates followed it yelling. It threw Crookedpaw.

She landed on her side, her heartbeats quickened. "I heard your yowls," Icestar meowed.

Fleckpelt came close to Crookedpaw. "Those twolegs are trouble," he growled.

"What if they invade camp?" asked Bramblepaw. Twistedjaw shrugged. He started to pad away.

"Its over now, lets go home."

Crookedpaw nodded as they trekked back to camp.