Chapter 23

"So, where is your Tribe?" asked Crookedtooth.

Dark blinked and looked at her kits. "I ran away. The new leader, the new Stoneteller is very hostile. After the other Stoneteller died I thought he was going to be a great leader."

Crookedtooth nodded. "But, how did you get here, that I don't understand."

"Firestar sent me." Dark said. "Wait! You mean The Firestar? The one that saved the clans many times over?"

"Yes! My kits are weak! I think this one is dead." she pawed at a black bundle of fur. It didn't move.

"He sent me when I was a to-be. I saw Squirrelflight and Lionblaze on the way. They helped me. And I know your past."

"What? You do?"

"Yes, Bramblestar is trying to make more clans. So there will be some everywhere. This one he got to first. He is still doing it. Jayfeather is helping him. Convincing kittypets, rouges and loners."

Crookedtooth thought for a bit. "Do you know anything about my mother?"

"Leafpelt? An old friend of mine from RiverClan. She ran away when she was a young warrior. Said, she wanted to make a new life. She said that to us when she visited."

"She did?"

"Yes."

"Well, what happened I need to-"

"Crookedtooth!"

Dark and Crookedtooth turned. Bramblefur was there. "Crookedtooth, lets go. Hurry, Icestar might notice we are gone!"

Crookedtooth couldn't even say goodbye to Dark and Night. Hawkseeker sounds much of a character. And Stoneteller.... who is he?

***

They got back to camp later, and Twistedjaw sent them on patrol right away. Shystep was in it, and Ratstrike and Thorntail.

"Crookedtooth, where were you?" asked Thorntail.

"Thats none of your business. Stop being such a nosy mouse-brain!" she growled. Thorntail snarled and held his anger.

"Thistleclaw help .. kill ..." he mumbled. "Who are you talking to?" asked Crookedtooth. Thorntail glared at her.

"Thats none of your business." he said. Shystep walked in between them. "I don't want you two fighting, Icestar will exile both of you for trying to kill each other."

Thorntail hissed and went ahead. Ratstrike looked back. "Shystep, I'm impressed that you made Thorntail go away. He will pounce and kill you if you said that."

"Maybe he doesn't like part of your PineClan stench." teased Crookedtooth.

Shystep didn't pay any attention to Crookedtooth. She just stared at Ratstrike.

"Are you falling in love with him?" Crookedtooth asked.

"N-no, I don't know what your talking about."

"Yes you do,"

"Nope!"

"Firepool is already his soulmate and you have Sneezenose to look up to."

"Sometimes I can have different feelings for other cats!"

Crookedtooth gasped. "So your saying you want to have a future with Ratstrike?"

"No! I love Sneezenose but I don't know if he is the "one"."

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know!"

***

Crookedtooth got back to camp and laid in her nest. "Crookedtooth...?"

"What!" she growled.

Longkit and Willowkit jumped. "Do you want to play with us?" asked Willowkit.

"I'm sorry, I can't right now. I'm tired." Longkit sighed.

The kits padded back into the nursery. "Wait till' they are apprentices, leave it to the senior warriors to take care of them!" she whispered.

The next day...

"I am Longstar, leader of LakeClan!" Longkit squeaked.

"I'm the deputy, Tinytooth!" Tinykit exclaimed.

"Your an apprentice Echokit! Your Echopaw!" Tinykit said.

"And Willowkit your a badger attacking camp!"

"I don't want to be a badger again! I want to be Willowclaw!"

"Please? For one last time?" asked Longkit.

"Ok, fine! Only for this time, next time I want to be leader!" Willowkit said.

The kits started to play the game. "Longstar! Longstar!" yowled Tinykit.

"What is it Tinytooth?"

"A badger is attacking camp!" Tinykit said.

Willowkit ran over and pounced on Echokit.

"No! Not Echopaw!" cried Longkit. He jumped and tumbled with Willowkit.

"Echopaw! Come and help with the badger!"

"Okay!"

Echokit ran over and batted Willowkit in the head claws sheathed. Willowkit after awhile pretended to be defeated.

"We killed it!" Tinykit mewed.

"Yes! Our camp is safe at last."

"It won't be if rouges attack!" Sneezenose said. He pretended to be a mutated rouge as he "attacked" the kits.

Willowkit lunged to the stomach and pawed at it. Sneezenose gently pushed her away and started to swipe at Echokit.

"Echopaw!"

Longkit came to defend. She jumped in front and guarded Echokit. "You have to go through me first." he growled.

Sneezenose snarled and grabbed Longkit and swept him away. "Our leader! Longstar is dead! He lost his last life."

Tinykit came over to Longkit. "I will become leader! I am Tinystar!"

"I'm not dead! I got knocked back and I got knocked out!"

Tinykit leaped on Sneezenose's back. "I got you!"

Sneezenose fell and pretended to die. "Now, camp is safe!"

Sneezenose smiled. I hope I have kits with Shystep someday...