Chapter 28

Crookedtooth was settling down near a shrub. "A break, again? You just had one 10 hours ago!" growled Shrewleap.
"Yeah Shrewleap, ten hours!!" snarled Crookedtooth.

"Look, The Tribe of Rushing Water is just that way. We only need a little bit further to go!" Shrewleap said.
"Oh c'mon. Just a small break. My feet are killing me."

"Sure, ok break time over lets go!" Shrewleap mewed. He dashed away.
"Wait!" yowled Crookedtooth.
She took in one last breath and shot after him.

***

They finally reached The Tribe of Rushing Water. They saw Crag at the entrance. "Who are you?" he asked.
Shrewleap spoke up, "We are from the new clans." he said.
"Oh yes, Bramblestar has told me about you. Well, what is your business?"
"Could we stay here? For one night." begged Crookedtooth.
"Ask Stoneteller first." Crag mewed.
The two cats nodded and made their way into Stoneteller's den.
"Stoneteller!" called Crookedtooth.

"What!?" growled a black tom with small white spots. "Can we stay here? For a-"

"Leave! You have no right to be here!" Stoneteller growled. Just like Dark had said. He was still very young, very far from wise.

"Leave or I will kill you!"

"Crag let us in!" hissed Shrewleap. "You mean that old fool? He will be killed when you leave. Now, go!" growled Stoneteller.

Crookedtooth and Shrewleap left, as they trotted down the mountain. "What did he say? Kill Crag?"

"Yes! Why would he kill him?" asked Crookedtooth.

"Because he is an old fool?" guessed Shrewleap.
"Maybe."
"Huh, maybe things are left to be untold."
"Yeah,"

"Wait, he just said he was going to kill Crag!"

"So?"

"He is gonna kill Crag!"

"Oh I see where you're going with this. Lets just ditch him."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"You have a journey but fine! Don't go on it."

"You know what Shrewleap, I don't need to know who my father is. I'm going home! Don't even try to follow me. I'm going by myself." Crookedtooth said in a menacing growl.

Shrewleap rolled his eyes and watched the she-cat go, past The Tribe Of Rushing Water, and up the steep slope.

He sighed as he turned to go too, but he knew he couldn't follow her. He sat down and thought for a moment. A long moment.

"What have I done! I need to get her back! But this was her decision its not me to tell her to go forward." Shrewleap felt saddened, then laid down and thought about Crookedtooth.