Chapter 20

Shypaw padded side by side with Crookedpaw back to camp. "Why were you raised in PineClan?" Asked Crookedpaw. Shypaw looked at Crookedpaw.
"Redleaf told me that she couldn't handle three kits, so she put me on PineClan territory and they took me in. I wanted to go home, I didn't feel comfortable there." Meowed Shypaw. Crookedpaw nuzzled her. "Don't worry you're home, with me." Soothed Crookedpaw.
Shypaw smiled and twined her tails with her. Suddenly, she could scent a trace of Mousestar's scent. Crookedpaw, its almost time...Shypaw and you will become warriors....three moons.....
The voice faded away. Crookedpaw did not know what Mousestar meant. Then she pictured a flash of Darksky.
Crookedpaw gulped down hard, trying to get free of Darksky. Stop it Darksky! I had enough! You can't control me anymore!
Too late...you made a right choice to side with me...
Crookedpaw suddenly felt weak. She breathed hard then fell to the ground. Shypaw gasped. "Help Crookedpaw!" She yowled.
"What happened?" Asked Sneezepaw. He was closer than any other cat. Shypaw blinked at him. "P-please get Otterheart. Crookedpaw fainted!"
Sneezepaw nodded and bounded away toward the medicine den. Shypaw had felt weird around the tom. He warmed her up unlike any cat before.
"Crookedpaw," a voice echoed. "Crookedpaw," it did it again. Crookedpaw blinked open her eyes. She was in camp. Shypaw was crouching over her body with Sneezepaw. Reedpaw was standing with Sneezepaw.
"Are you okay?" Asked Reedpaw. Crookedpaw nodded and stood up. "How long was a out?" She asked. "About a few minutes." Replied Shypaw. Crookedpaw nodded, understanding.
"Well, what-" Sneezepaw was interrupted by Icestar. "Let all cats old enough to swim gather and hear my words."
Piperclaw was coming out of the nursery. She was a little too late. Her kits were still not born yet. She came and sat down next to Fleckpelt.
A few heartbeats later, most of the clan gathered. "Cats of LakeClan," he began. "Today is a very joyful day to our victory at the marshland. And Sneezepaw had fought well. Twistedjaw, does Sneezepaw know everything to become warrior?" Asked Icestar. Twistedjaw dipped his head. "Sneezepaw has been training for six seasons. He has shown me skill, and I think its time."
Icestar nodded and started to speak again. "Sneezepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect the clan at the cost of your life?" Asked Icestar.
"I do," replied Sneezepaw. "Then I call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice, Sneezepaw from this day forward you shall be known as Sneezenose. StarClan honors your honesty and bravery we welcome you a full warrior of LakeClan."
"Sneezenose! Sneezenose! Sneezenose!" The clan cheered. Shypaw was cheering the loudest.
***
The past few moons, Shypaw was getting really close with Sneezenose. She would touch noses with him often, and they would hunt together. Firepool was assigned to be her mentor.
Crookedpaw taught her how to catch fish and swim. "Shypaw," Crookedpaw whispered. "Yes," she replied warmly. "Bramblepaw is becoming warrior really soon!" Mewed Crookedpaw. "That is fantastic!" A purr rumbled in Shypaw's throat.
"A littermate would always be happy for another littermate." Shypaw said.
Wise words, Crookedpaw thought. Shypaw started to pad away. "Where are you going?" Asked Crookedpaw. Shypaw turned around. "Oh, Firepool is calling for me." Crookedpaw nodded.
Just then, a screech came from outside camp. Crookedpaw pricked her ears.
Piperclaw poked her head from outside the nursery. Her kits her mewling.
"Whats going on?" Asked Icestar loudly. Twistedjaw was just pounding into camp.
"ShadeClan is invading our territory!" He yowled. "I saw him! He has Doveflight, Darkfoot, Dewcreek, Bonetail and Vinetooth!"

Suddenly, Twistedjaw was clawed. He winced at the pain. Otterheart came over to him. "Smokestar," Icestar growled.

"We come here to steal your kits." Meowed Smokestar. Piperclaw looked from outside the nursery. She lashed her tail and hissed with fury.

"We want a few apprentices too." Vinetooth added. "Never!" Yowled Icestar. He leaped at Smokestar. He landed on him. They tumbled together on the ground. "Attack!" Twistedjaw growled loudly.

Crookedpaw tumbled forward, and pounced on Darkfoot. "Just because your a warrior doesn't mean I can't still beat you." She hissed in his ear. "I'm not here for you, i'm here for him." Growled Darkfoot.

He rolled over and squished Crookedpaw. He ran and slashed at Thorntail. Thorntail reared up and caught Darkfoot's nose.

Darkfoot yowled and raked his claws along Thorntail's shoulder. Thorntail grabbed hold of Darkfoot's head and threw it to the ground. He slipped over where Doveflight was. She was striking at Oaknose. Oaknose fought back fiercely batting Doveflight. Thorntail and Oaknose nodded at each other agreeing to fight alongside each other.

Oaknose jumped up and pinned Doveflight. He pushed all his weight on the she-cat. She struggled to fight back. But, since there were very few warriors in ShadeClan, they were weak.

Thorntail padded over and unsheathed a claw. He put it close to her throat. She widened her eyes and screeched as loud as she could. Smokestar spotted Doveflight as he finished off Icestar. He killed the leader. Smokestar darted and Thorntail slashed Smokestar's neck. Crookedpaw gasped.

"That was for Doveflight!" growled Thorntail. Oaknose grunted and shook his head. Smokestar shrieked and staggered. Blood came out from his throat. "Smokestar! No!" Yowled Dewcreek. He launched himself at Thorntail. Thorntail shook his head.

He unsheathed his claws. Dewcreek's neck went straight into Thorntail's claws. Bonetail gasped. "He is killing is one by one!" she said.

Smokestar's body lay limp. "Who is leader now?" asked Vinetooth. "I guess its Doveflight." Darkfoot mewed.

"Its Stormfoot!" retorted Bonetail. "Silence!" yowled Twistedjaw. "What about your deputy?" asked Crookedpaw.

"She was run over by a monster." growled Darkfoot, "Bonetail is leader. She has an apprentice, and Smokestar said she would be deputy."

Icestar woke up and shook his head. "Bonetail you will go to the moonstone and receive your nine lives." meowed Icestar.

"Take your warriors home and don't come back!" hissed Sneezenose. Bonetail snarled at Sneezenose and trotted off.

"Go on, get off our territory!" growled Icestar. The rest of the ShadeClan warriors drew their lips back in a snarl and left camp. "Go and escort them, Firepool and Ratstrike."

The two warriors nodded and padded out of camp. Crookedpaw saw Thorntail leave camp. Why doesn't Icestar exile him! He killed Creekpaw and Smokestar! Icestar surely thinks that he should be exiled. Is he that blind!? If I were leader, Thorntail would be-

Shypaw interrupted Crookedpaw's thoughts. "Crookedpaw, Bramblepaw's warrior ceremony!" She mewed. Crookedpaw flicked her ears. Its Bramblepaw's ceremony!