Chapter 24

"What do you mean that you have feelings for another cat!" hissed Sneezenose in rage.

Shystep's eyes became narrow and a tear rolled and dripped onto the ground.

"I wanted to tell you but-"

"But what?! I have trusted you and loved you! Love is not to be played around with like prey! Now that you have this relationship with Ratstrike I... need to go."

Sneezenose pounded his paws and didn't look back. Shystep clenched her teeth together tight. "Oh I see. You have feelings for the cat I love!"
Firepool growled.

"What about the bite on his face?" asked Shystep.

"That does not matter! Ratstrike is the cat that I loved before your mouse-brained face came in!"

"You were my mentor!"

"Only for 2 moons!"

"Now I understand... I understand. Sneezenose... what have I done!"

Shystep looked around camp. Everyone was staring at her. Twistedjaw, Icestar, Magpie, even Longkit.

Tears came, and hit the ground with tragedy. She backed away. And ran out of camp.

Crookedtooth came later with a mouse tight in her jaws. "Are you okay? You left camp, I wanted to find you."

"There was no point. I ruined my life, again! Shrewpaw must be so lonely."

"Shystep," Crookedtooth began.

"What?"

"I'm not your sister."

"How can you say that!"

"I'm not even full LakeClan. I'm half RiverClan."

"My mother is not Redleaf. Its Leafpelt."

"I don't understand." Shystep said weakly.

"Bramblefur isn't my littermate. I now know why she started this! She spoke to Mousestar when I broke my jaw. Mousestar isn't my real father! It must be a RiverClan cat! Shystep, I want you to tell the clan i'm leaving for a journey. Tell them, that I'm a seeking for my real father."

"Ok.." Shystep said.

"Before you tell them, tell no one to follow me on my journey. Its me, me alone, ok?"

"Fine, just go."

Crookedtooth gave a curt nod and hurried away. She was just about to reach the mountain when, Shrewpaw came in front of her.

"Give my sister back." he growled.

"Shrewpaw, Shystep is happy with us."

"Its Shrewleap." Shrewleap corrected.

"Anyway why are you here?" asked Shrewleap.

"I'm on a journey. I'm finding my real father. In RiverClan."

Shrewleap looked at Crookedtooth as if she had fish in her ears.

"I'll come with you."

"No! This is a journey for me and me alone."

"You will die up there in the mountain by yourself. I'm coming with you wether you like it or not."

Crookedtooth sighed and padded on. Shrewleap was following her.

***

Crookedtooth was climbing the mountain. Shrewleap was already at the top waiting for her.

"Your going so slow!" he hissed.

"Easy for you to say! You climb trees! Its like climbing this mountain. Its a walk in the park!"

"We have more mountains to climb. If you want to get to The Tribe of Rushing Water, its very far away. The old clans' camp is so far."

Crookedtooth put a paw on a rock and it broke. She yowled and closed her eyes.

Its the end! StarClan has to come and claim me.
But she wasn't dead. Shrewleap was there holding onto her scruff.

"See I told you. By yourself. Dead. Easy word Crookedtooth."

He pulled her up and she said sorry she doubted him.

They were only halfway up the mountain. Shrewleap jumped up on a rock.

"Moonlight is coming. We should find some shelter." He meowed.

Crookedtooth went over and saw a small cavern. "Shrewleap, over here." she said. Shrewleap came over and looked inside.

"It will do, but the wind will breeze through here."

Crookedtooth went inside and settled in. It was cold. She scooted and pressed her pelt against Shrewleap's.

He pressed back and rested his head on the ground. Crookedtooth lay her head down and let sleep claim her for only a awhile.

A/N

Ok i just wanted to confirm that i do not own The tribe of rushing water Bramblestar, Lionblaze, Squirrelflight or anyone else in future updates.
I just wanted to say that. Ok, bye!