Chapter 17

"Wake up kittypet!" growled Darksky. Leopardpaw looked up at Darksky. She was somewhere, she didn't know where.

"Where am I?" she asked. "Oh, well the twolegs captured you. Now you are going to be like your father, Branch! A stupid, kittypet!"

"I'm not a kittypet!" hissed back Leopardpaw. "Your mother mated with a kittypet you fool!"

"Why are you here with me? You took over Crookedpaw!" Leopardpaw snarled.

Darksky rolled her eyes. "Crookedpaw is back at camp. She made a promise. And shes not gonna be a kittypet, because she made a promise. A promise she said she would keep ever since she changed her name."

"What was the promise?"

"She would owe me when she survived the deathberries." Darksky replied.

"Your in a twoleg cage! You will never escape! Bye small mangy kittypet!"

"Don't you leave!" yowled Leopardpaw! "Oh i'm leaving!" the voice faded away.

"Nooo!!!!" cried Leopardpaw. She laid down, resting her head on her paws. "Leopard?"

A thick pelted brown tom with yellow eyes were staring at Leopardpaw. "Who are you talking to?" asked Leopardpaw.

"You! I'm your father! Its me, Branch! I still remember your golden spotted pelt. How is Reed doing?"

"You're a kittypet?" asked Leopardpaw. "I prefer to be called a house cat, but yes!" Branch replied.

"This house is on the territory of ShadeClan. Lots of dogs and rouge cats live around here." Branch meowed.

"You live with me now! I knew Flameheart would give me one of her kits!"

"Was this planned to happen?"

"What are you talking about? You live with me!"

Suddenly, a twoleg opened a cage door. Branch stepped back a few steps. He purred as the twoleg picked up Leopardpaw and placed her next to Branch.

***
Meanwhile....At LakeClan camp....

"Where is Leopardpaw!" yowled Flameheart.

"Send two patrols to look out for her! One by ShadeClan territory and PineClan territory!" growled Icestar.

Twistedjaw nodded as he organized the patrols quickly.

Flameheart was bursting out tears. "I'm sorry!" yowled Duststorm. Flameheart didn't take it. She snarled in his face.

"You promised to take care of Leopardpaw!"

"She must of left camp earlier. I didn't see her! Its none of my fault. Its all Leopardpaw!" hissed back Duststorm.

Flameheart blazed with anger. She would never forgive Duststorm for losing her beloved kit.

Crookedpaw frowned. She didn't know what happened to Leopardpaw. All she remembered was that she chased her. Then nothing after that.

Icestar looked down at Crookedpaw. He looked angry with her. Crookedpaw looked fearfully up at him, then she flattened her ears.

"Crookedpaw, I saw you leave camp last night. Leopardpaw was on your tail. Do you know what happened to her?"

Crookedpaw shook her head quickly. Icestar stared at Crookedpaw.

"Are you sure?" Crookedpaw nodded and closed her eyes tight.

"I don't know. I can't remember anything last night. I swear! I don't want to cause trouble. I'm telling the truth. I don't know!"

Twistedjaw came padding down next to Icestar. "Are you telling the truth?"

"Yes! Believe me, please..." Crookedpaw was telling the truth.

"We believe you Crookedpaw. We heard laughs. They didn't sound like yours. I believe I heard them before. An apprentice I knew. Darkpaw, maybe it was her." Icestar meowed.

Darksky, it was her! Darkpaw it was so similar... Thats Darksky! I just really

Twistedjaw interrupted her thoughts. "Well, I thought she died." he replied.

Icestar snorted. "Well there is nothing we can do now. Just Flameheart. She looks as if shes a fox in a fit."

Crookedpaw shifted her paws. "Can I go?" she asked.

"You may, but remember you might never see Leopardpaw again." Twistedjaw called after her.

Crookedpaw nodded and padded away. "I'm sorry Flameheart." she whispered.

Flameheart stared at Crookedpaw in amazement. "Its not your fault, is it?"

"It is," Crookedpaw blurted. "I-I don't remember but she followed me out of camp last night. And then, she was gone....I'm so sorry Flameheart. Shes gone. I didn't mean to. What i'm trying to say is I hope you forgive me."

Flameheart looked at the young apprentice. "We will find her. I believe its not your fault. You would never harm Leopardpaw on purpose and I know it."

Crookedpaw felt heaviness on her shoulders lift.