Chapter 29

It was at least 2 moons when Crookedtooth argued with Shrewleap. It took her forever to even get close back to her clan.
Without Shrewleap to pump her up, she took too many breaks, sitting down, then spacing out.
Crookedtooth just needed one more mountain to go through to get back to her clan.

She pricked her ears. She felt like she was being followed.
It better not be Shrewleap! But, it didn't seem the scent was like him. It smelled different. Like as if, it had a bit of edge into it. She took in a deep breath and traveled on.

***

Crookedtooth halted at the the long jagged way down the mountain. She was almost home! Crookedtooth tried to find a safe way down, but she thought about every idea, but she always ended up dying.
Then, a brilliant idea sprung in. She could try to climb slowly down, bit by bit.
She risked and tried it. She hopped onto a small boulder. She jumped down on another, then another after that. She reached halfway, when a boulder cracked.
Crookedtooth carefully tried to hop onto the next rock when it broke apart. She yowled and unsheathed her claws and dug them into the side of the mountain.
She started to slither down, claws still dug into the side of mountain.
She nearly reached the ground, but her claw snapped and she fell.
She tumbled over and flew into a tree. Leaves and twigs stuck into her fur. She grunted and got up and tried the climb through the leaves. She stepped in the wrong spot, she went right through and landed in a bramble thicket.
"This day couldn't get possibly worse!" She growled. She was bleeding by the time she got out of the bramble.
She looked at her left paw and at the right side it was all bloody. Her claw was broken and her paw was now bleeding. Bramblefur is going to be really mad at me. Crookedtooth shook away the thought and trotted on.

***
Crookedtooth was just about to get into camp. Just right outside. Its been 3 and a half moons since she seen this place. She was about to go in when something pummeled her to the ground. It was Reedpaw and Swiftpaw!
They were way bigger since she saw both of them. "Wait! Its Crookedtooth."
Swiftpaw quickly got off and licked her chest. "Sorry, its glad to see you."
"Its nice to be welcomed by you two. I really missed you Swiftpaw and Reedpaw."
The two cats exchanged glances then looked straight at Crookedtooth. "We are warriors now." they both said.
"I'm Reedpelt,"
"I'm Swiftstep."
Crookedtooth sighed.
"I missed both your warrior ceremonies, where is Twistedjaw?" She asked.
Reedpelt looked at his paws. "He was killed by Jayfoot from PineClan."
Crookedtooth fell to the ground. "He what?"
"Died," Reedpelt repeated.
"Thorntail is deputy." Swiftstep added.
Crookedtooth's worst nightmare began.
"I'm back, and I wonder if Icestar will accept me back." she said.
"I'll take you to him." Swiftstep said. She lead Crookedtooth into camp. Everyone stared at her. Bramblefur was laying in his nest.
Redleaf had her back turned, while Thorntail was glaring at her. Everyone else had their eyes wide with astonishment. "C-Crookedtooth is back!" yowled Oaknose.
Bramblefur looked up from his nest and he bounded over next to Crookedtooth.
"Stay outta my way, I don't want to see you."
What has gotten into him? Crookedtooth stared at him as he padded away.
"Crookedtooth!" It was Icestar.
"You have come back. I welcome you back into our clan."
"Where is Willowkit? I want to see her." mewed Crookedtooth.
"You mean Willowpaw? She, went hunting with her mentor." Reedpelt meowed.
"And who is her mentor?" asked Crookedtooth.
"Riverdapple is her mentor." He answered.
Crookedtooth something wasn't right.
"Where is Otterheart?" she asked. Icestar came close to Crookedtooth.
"She drowned when Jayfoot pinned her underwater."
"Who killed her?" Crookedtooth asked calmly.
"Jayfoot."
Crookedtooth was filled with rage. She was gonna end it now. She ran out of camp. Her eyes were blazing.