Chapter four

The next day, my lessons were all extremely boring. But it was soon lunch, and I was glad because I was starving. I grabbed some lunch and walked over to my usual table with my friends.

"Hey Herms." Yep, that was Neville. He didn't like the nickname 'Mione', so he has started calling me 'Herms'. But I kinda liked it.

"Yeah, hey Hermione. We are all going to the Hilton head island beach straight after school today. You in?" Harry asked. I was glad that, even though I rejected Harry's prom invitation, things weren't awkward between us and we were still friends.

"The Hilton head island beach?" I questioned.

"Yeah, it'll be fun! Come with us, please!" Luna begged from her seat in between me and Neville.

"Okay fine. I'm in." I said, taking a bite out of my sandwich. I smiled at my friends and then walked over to the fruit bowl. I was about to pick up a red apple, when a voice startled me and made me knock the fruit bowl. I managed to catch it before it fell, and then I looked up at the person who startled me. Draco.

"Hermione." Draco acknowledged with a curt nod.

"I thought you said that we shouldn't talk." I pointed out, narrowing my eyes only slightly.

"Hermione, I said that we shouldn't talk because it was just a simple warning. That doesn't mean that I don't want to talk to you." Draco whispered.

"What does that mean? The simple warning part?" I questioned.

"It means that if you are as smart as you look, you'd do the right thing. And that is... To stay away from me." Draco said.

I turned my gaze away from Draco and randomly decided to look down at my hands that held a red apple still in them. And then I looked up, still not looking at Draco, and saw that Harry looked quite jealous that I was having a conversation with a boy as hot as Draco.

"Hermione listen to me... I'm not a superhero, so I didn't save you with super speed powers and super strength powers. I'm definitely no hero who is going to save the world! I'm basically the opposite. I'm the villain, the bad guy." Draco explained. I looked back up at Draco.

"You're not! You're not the villain Draco." I responded. Draco, again, stayed silent. Wow, this guy really didn't have a lot to say. "Why don't we just hang out later? Me and some friends are going to the beach later. Wanna come? It'll be fun!" I exclaimed with a weak smile spread over my lips.

"Beach? Which one?" Draco questioned.

"Hilton head island beach." I answered.

"Oh... That beach. I don't know about that Hermione.." Draco murmured.

"Do you not like that beach or something?" I asked. Draco just shrugged.

"It's not that. I just am pretty busy lately I guess. Um... I'll think about it." Draco replied.

After school that day

We were all sitting in two cars. We brought Seamus' car, and Neville's truck to drive to the beach. Quite a few of us were coming. Like me, Ginny, Luna, Seamus, Harry and Neville. And there was no sign of Draco.

Ginny, Seamus, Harry and Neville were sorting out their costumes. Their surfing costumes. They were planning on body boarding, but me and Luna weren't into that stuff. So while the others began to zip up their surfing costumes, Luna began to talk to me.

"So I was hoping that Neville would've asked me to prom by now, but he hasn't. Maybe he just doesn't like me like that." Luna stated.

"Well then ask him!" I suggested. "You're a beautiful, intelligent, brave woman. If Neville won't ask you, then you ask him!" I added to Luna. Luna smiled gratefully at me and nodded. Three boys approached me and my friends. And I noticed one of them was Ronald Weasley. He smiled and walked over to me, with two other boys following behind him.