Book two - chapter four

"Are you sure about this?" Ron asked. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to." He added. I adjusted myself on the motorbike and looked up at him. I hesitated before replying.

"I want to do this." I replied. Ron showed me where the break, clutch and gas was, and then stepped aside as the motorbike roared to life.

"Now... Slowly let go of the clutch, and go." Ron instructed. I was about to do as he said until I heard a calming voice in front of me. I felt something on my hand, like it was wind or a breeze. I looked up and saw that Draco's ghost-like figure was standing there again. He had his hand on mine, stopping me from releasing the clutch, but it didn't feel like it was there.

"You don't have to do this Hermione." Draco pleaded. I was so in shock that I accidentally let go of the clutch, but immediately slammed on the break as I moved a little bit forward. I slowly released the clutch again and began to move down the road.

But I saw Draco everywhere. I gasped as he appeared in front of me, but quickly disappeared. And then I heard him mumble 'stop' beside me before he disappeared again. I looked behind me to see Draco there, but that was a big mistake.

Because as I was looking behind, I lost control of the handle bars and I went to fast as I stirred off of the road and crashed into a large boulder at the side of the road. I let out a loud squeal as I flipped head first over the handlebars and my head collided with the boulder. Ron was by my side in seconds as he had used his motorbike to rush over to me, seeing if I was alright. I sat up and held my throbbing head. I removed my hand once I felt something warm and sticky on it, and saw that I was bleeding quite alot down the side of my head.

"Hermione, are you okay!? No more bikes, you're done with them. Are you trying to get yourself killed or something!?" Ron rambled on, kneeling in front of me, until he noticed my head. "Your head Hermione..." He added quietly. I touched the side of my head again but immediately retracted my hand as I felt a pain shoot through my head at my touch.

"Oh wow, I'm sorry." I apologised. Ron lightly chuckled. Ron stood up and took off his shirt, revealing what looked to be a six pack. Wow. And then he used his shirt as a cloth to help the bleeding on the side of my aching head.

"Come on, lets get outta here." Ron said after he stopped my head from bleeding. He helped me up to my feet and we walked back over to my car.

The next day

At school, I actually got food. I hadn't been eating food at school for the past few months, but today, something just made me want to eat for lunch. And then I looked over to where my friends sat, all listening to Luna explain something. I hesitantly and slowly walked over to their table. Once I got close enough, I heard the conversation they were having.

"It was completely black, and gigantic! It was a lot taller than me, and taller than any animal I've ever seen! It could maybe be a bear." Luna explained. I eventually reached their table, and they all looked at me. By 'all', I mean Ginny, Luna, Neville and Harry all looked at me. I didn't even ask if I could sit with them, I just went to the last available seat at the table between Harry and Luna and sat down.

"Yeah, I agree with you Luna." When I said that, Luna's face lit up. "Reports have been coming into the police station that hikers have been seeing weird but huge animals. The police think it's just bears, but the hikers don't think it is. No matter how hard the police try to find the huge animal, they can't find one that fits the description of the hikers one." I responded. Luna smirked at the other three who wouldn't believe her. Neville, Luna and Ginny began another conversation, and Harry turned to me.

"So Hermione, now that you're talking to us again. I-I was just... Just wondering if y-you wanted to catch a... A movie with me this weekend...?" Harry stuttered. I smiled weakly.