Book five - chapter four

A sudden rustling from more vampires running changed Ron's expression, and more wolves came and stood behind him.

"Whoever is on their way here, wasn't asked to come." Ron sneered. He changed into his wolf form and him and the other wolves ran after the mysterious, uninvited, vampires. Narcissa offered to put Stella to sleep, and the others of us chased after the wolves. Not long after, we appeared in front of two male vampires, and Lucius seemed to recognise them.

"Sam, Robert... Aren't you two a bit too far away from home?" Lucius asked as politely as he could.

"We came because we wanted to see if it was true! About the Volturi turning against you, wanting a battle of some sorts." Sam mentioned.

"Yes it's true, but the Volturi's facts are incorrect! We were falsely accused of something!" Lucius exclaimed.

"Lucius, we really don't care what you did and didn't do." Sam smirked.

"We've waited centuries for the Italian trash they call the Volturi to be challenged!" Robert spat when he mentioned the Volturi. Obviously he didn't like them.

"We are not planning a battle against them!" Lucius shouted, not too loudly or angrily though.

"Pity. We'd have loved to see a good fight." Sam whispered to Robert with a smirk, but our vampire hearings could hear him clearly.

"Voldemort has witnesses of his own, ones with all special abilities. He wants that Pansy girl and Draco too." Robert stated. "We offer our help to you. We're on your side."

"Voldemort has his own witnesses?" Frank asked.

---

After that, we all went back to the Malfoy residence.

"If Voldemort has his own witnesses, and he wants Draco and Pansy, then he's building for the power! Come on Henry, Mary, Elizabeth, we're leaving. We can't do this." Thomas sneered.

"And where will you even head off to?" Draco questioned. "You said so yourself, the Volturi only want the power! If Voldemort thinks that Pansy and I aren't satisfying enough, they'll find someone else with a gift! Maybe Eliza, maybe Minnie, or maybe even Henry!" Draco explained. "I know Lucius doesn't want a battle. But if my family is at risk, I'm willing to fight! For your family's too!" Draco finished.

And then, everyone hesitated, debating the options. And Ron chose to stand up, nodding curtly.

"The wolves and I are in." He muttered. Slowly, more people rose to their feet, gesturing that they'll fight.

Eliza, Anna, Frank and Alice stood with determination in their eyes, Joseph then stood. Henry stood, ignoring the protests from Thomas. I stood up silently beside Ron, it was my daughter we were protecting, so everyone knew that I'd fight anyway. Margaret and Minnie stood. Some of our quieter red-eyed witnesses: Joel, Martha and Marie all stood up too. Charles, Theo's newborn friend, and Charles's mate, Annie, stood up. By then, everyone in the room was standing up, apart from James.

"These people didn't need much convincing." I heard Sam whisper to Robert. James pushed past us all and strutted towards the exit.

Everyone showed courage, but we knew that Voldemort's army was moving against us. Soon, we would face the darkest of Bellatrix. And worse, the paralyzing vapor of her brother Scabior, who can rob you of sight, sound and touch.

---

All the witnesses were out hunting, so the rest of us sat in the living room, discussing things quietly. I sat beside Draco. I had brought a coloring pad, some pencils and some pens for Stella to keep herself busy at the dining room table.