Book three - chapter four

Ron and I were walking on a small field. The grass was damp and a little muddy from where it had been raining, and puddles scattered the field in places, but it was still a nice place to go.

"God, this place is beautiful." I gushed as I continued to walk beside Ron. "Did you hear about Pansy's big graduation party?" I asked. "Of course you're invited! That is, if you'd want to come." Ron just stayed silent though. "What's wrong?"

"I just wanted to do this differently, and more smoothly. But I've realised that I'm out of time." I gestured for Ron to continue, and he took a step closer to me. "You really need to hear the truth Hermione! You have more than one option. And I just need you to know one thing... I'm deeply in love with you. And you should choose me instead of him." Ron explained. I looked down at the ground.

"I actually thought you understood." I whispered. "I don't feel that way for you, I love Draco." I added, looking back up to meet Ron's eyes.

"I don't believe you! I know, I can see, that you feel more than just friendship towards me!" Ron exclaimed. "I'm not giving up on you, not until until your heart stops beating."

"Well then you're gonna have to give up pretty soon." I stated quietly. "I know what i want Ronald..." Ron took another step closer to me.

"Hermione, listen to me! If you were with me, I'd never make you change." Ron said. "I can give you more than Malfoy can, I can give you a happy life." Ron added. Ron grabbed my hand and raised it to his chest, to his heart. His body was really warm compared to Draco's. "Can you feel that? It's a beating heart. I have warmth, I have blood. I have a soul." Ron said. I looked down at the ground again.  

And then when I looked back up, Ron put his hand on the back of my neck and kissed me hungrily. I tried to push him off, and after a few more seconds of his lips attached to mine, I was able to push him off of me.

He can't just go around and kiss people that he can't have! I was so angry at him that I did the only thing that felt necessary. I raised my right fist and punched Ronald right in the face. But then I had to hold in a scream as I felt the snapping sound of my hand breaking.

Ronald and his werewolf bones... He was as hard as a rock! I grabbed hold of my hand and bit the inside of my cheek to stop me from screaming about the pain of my newly broken hand.

I demanded Ronald to drive me back home, and he did. But when we got out of the car, Draco was already there and he looked almost murderous. In a millisecond, he was right in Ronald's face. Pansy must've seen a vision of Ronald kissing me, and told Draco.

"If you ever lay a finger on her again, I swear to god!!" Draco hissed dangerously and venomously. Draco looked like he could kill Ronald right there. A yelling fight broke out between Draco and Ronald, and at any moment, I could tell that they were going to pounce on eachother.

"Guys, drop it! Ronald, just leave, okay!?" I tried, but they kept shouting. Richard must've heard the fighting and shouting, because he came running out of the house.

"Easy, guys! Calm down!" Richard shouted, running over to us. "What's going on here?" He asked. Ronald kept his eyes still glued onto Draco's in a glare as he replied.

"I kissed Hermione." Richard looked taken aback by that. "And then she broke her hand, punching me in the face."

The fight blew over after that, and Ron left. Draco brought me over to his place and asked Lucius politely to fix my hand.

"Don't worry, it's just a sprain. It should heal fairly quickly." Lucius whispered. Wow, I thought it was broken. Lucius bandaged up my hand.

"You really are a badass to punch a werewolf in the face 'Mione." Blaise smirked. "You'd be a feisty newborn." He added.