Chapter one

I've never given much thought to how I would die... But dying in the place of someone I love, seems like a good way to go.

---

My mum and my step Dad, Kevin Williams and Jean Williams née Granger, always make eachother happy. And I knew my Mum hated to be away from my step dad for a long period of time.

My Mum always stayed home to look after me when Kevin went on long trips to different places for his games. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Kevin is a world famous football player so he goes away alot for away games.

My Mum always stayed home to look after me because she knew that i hated staying home alone. But i knew being with Kevin made Mum happy! So I've decided to stay with my Dad, Richard, for a while so my Mum can go to away games and travel with Kevin.

"I'll miss you Honey." Mum whispered, pulling me into a hug. I hugged back. To be completely honest, I was slightly nervous about staying with my Dad for a while as I haven't seen him in ages.

My Mum, step dad and I all live in New Orleans in Louisiana, but my Dad lives in Atlanta, Georgia. It's an hour and thirty minutes plane ride from New Orleans to Atlanta.

"I'll miss you too Mum." I replied. Me and Mum continued to say our goodbyes before Kevin stepped in.

"Come on, guys. You know i love you both but we have to be at the airport in half hour!" Kevin stated. I walked over to the car and climbed into the backseat as we eventually began to pull out of the driveway and to the airport.

---

Before I knew it, I was in a police car. How embarrassing, I know... Yes, my Dad is a police officer. He had just got promoted to chief of police not long ago.

Dad was driving us to his small house in Atlanta. I guess it isn't the worst place to live for a bit. I kinda like it! The population is 431,512. I just hope I fit in here.

I start school tomorrow, I wish I knew one person there so i didn't have to feel so alone.

"Your hair is longer." Richard finally commented. I always find myself calling my Dad 'Richard' instead of 'Dad'. At least when I'm not around him.

"Oh... Well I cut it since the last time I saw you.." I replied, beginning to play with the ends of my dark brown wavy hair.

"Oh... I guess it grew out again." Richard mumbled. And then it went back into the awkward silence. But before I knew it, we had arrived at Richard's house.

I grabbed my luggage and stepped out of Richard's police car. I glanced up at the house that I'm going to be living in for a while. Who knows how long.

I used to always come to this house when I was younger, to visit Richard every summer and for some important events like Christmas too. He is my Dad after all. But that was when I was younger, I've not been to this house in years.

I glanced at the door to see that Richard had the house keys out and was already unlocking the front door as he stepped inside. I finally went over to the front door and stepped inside the house, immediately getting filled with warmth as I was away now from the chilly weather outside.

I closed the door behind me, I took off my coat, put it on the coat rack, and then went upstairs with my suitcase as I saw Richard come up moments before. I turned the corner at the top of the stairs to see that Richard was already in my new room. It was exactly like it was all those years ago.

I had all my pictures and drawings that i used to create when I was a little kid stuck on the walls. And then I had my desk, a bed, two nightstands on either side of my small bed and then a window with a nice view of the forest.