Book five - chapter six

"No!!! Emma!!!" Both Eliza and Anna screamed. They began to run towards the Volturi, but was stopped. Blaise and Frank had grabbed onto Anna's arms so she couldn't move, and Joseph had a good grip on Eliza, trying his best to ignore the pain sent through his body when she powerfully electrocuted him.

"Minnie, quickly! Blind them!" Draco instructed. Minnie turned towards Anna and Eliza as their eyes faded to a dull black, meant that they couldn't see. "Anna, Eliza, don't fight. That's just what they want! We'll all die if you attack now." Draco whispered to them. Winnie eventually gave Anna and Eliza their sight back. I gently put Stella onto the back of Ron's wolf form.

Draco went to walk away from talking to Anna and Eliza and over to Stella, Ron and I. But when i saw him fall to the floor, groaning in pain, i knew that Bellatrix was using her ability on him.

I went to run over to Draco, but instead, i used my shield ability and the shield wisps once again flowed out of me and onto Draco. I expanded it more and more so the shield was protecting all of us, so Bellatrix couldn't hurt any of my witnesses. Draco stopped groaning in pain and looked at me. I smiled at him as Draco got up from the ground and stood next to me.

"Good job, it's working." Draco whispered in my ear. Bellatrix's red eyes locked with my topaz coloured ones, and we stared eachother down for a good few minutes, before I took the risk of flashing a smirk in Bellatrix's direction. That seemed to infuriate her, and went to charge at me. But her brother, Scabior, held her back.

"Voldemort, you now know that we never broke any laws." Lucius said.

"Yes Lucius, we understand that. But we might still be in danger. Because, for the first time in our history, humans are a massive threat to our kind! And with this little child, half of us, half human, we don't know who to trust! Maybe we leave the battle today, only to be killed tomorrow." Voldemort explained.

And then we heard two pairs of footsteps against the snow from by the trees. Everyone turned their attention to the footsteps, and Voldemort let out an excited gasp.

"Pansy's arrived." Voldemort and Draco both said in unison from opposite ends of the field. Pansy and Theo looked at Draco and I as they walked over to the Volturi. But before they could reach Voldemort, three guards stopped them in their tracks.

"Voldemort, please! I have solid evidence that the child doesn't live to hurt anybody!" Pansy exclaimed. "Here, i can show you if you like." Voldemort nodded and clapped his hands once. The guards immediately moved, and Voldemort took Pansy's outstretched hand in his to see her thoughts and visions all in one touch.

In Pansy's vision

Pansy realised something by the look on her face, and i saw her pull her hand away from Voldemort and she took a step back.

"It doesn't even matter what i show you, right? Because you won't even change your mind, even though you know that they are innocent!" Pansy truthfully accused. And then she turned towards me and mouthed 'now!' I looked at Stella, who was still sitting on Ron's back, and she looked down at me with sadness, worry and panic spread across her features. I then looked at Ron's wolf form.

"Protect my daughter. Please." I whispered to him. Ron gave a curt nod and turned around, running towards the trees. I looked at my daughter one last time, and she looked back at me, before she was gone behind the trees. My heart cracked a little.

"Get that child. Bring her and the wolf to us." Severus instructed to a lower class member of the Volturi. Pansy swung her leg back and kicked Voldemort across the face.

The impact was so hard that he flew up in the hair, did a back flip in the air and skidded across the snow. He stood up quickly though. Pansy went to run away towards her mate, Theo, but two guards grabbed Pansy by the arms.