Book two - chapter five

I sprinted into my house and into my kitchen to find Richard sitting at the table. I ran over to him, panting from sprinting.

"Dad, I know what they are! The strange animals that have been reported! They are massive wolves! I mean... They're too big to be normal wolves. They are HUGE wolves!" I blurted out. Richard sighed.

"Alright, I'll Check it out... I'll get John and Denis to come help me look for these huge wolves." Richard stated. Denis and John were also police officers, and good friends to Richard. Then Richard left.

It was getting late, so I went to go and sleep. But about two hours after I fell asleep, I was jolted awake by a tapping noise coming from my window. I walked over to it and saw that Ron was throwing small rocks against the thick glass of my window.

"Ronald, what are you doing here?" I whispered quietly.

"Step back, I'm coming up." Ron stated. I took a step back and Ron jumped onto the tree branch that was right beside my window, and hopped in. "Hey." Was all he said. I stayed silent and Ron took a step towards me. "Look, I'm sorry about what i said!" Ron added. I put a hand in front of me to stop him from coming any closer. I was determined to know what Ron was hiding.

"Sorry about what?" I asked. Ron looked down at the ground and then back up at me.

"I really wish I could tell you everything! But it's not exactly my secret to tell." Ron responded. He went and sat on the edge of my bed, and he noticed the colourful dream catcher that he got me was laying attached on the headboard.

I saw that Ron smiled slightly, and then looked back at me. I looked at him, waiting for him to say something, and that's what he did.

"You know what that feels like, right? To have a secret that you wanted to tell everybody, but it involved other people who didn't want it spreading?" Ron questioned. I hesitantly nodded slowly. I glanced up and down at Ron and my eyes landed on Ron's tattoo and pierced ear.

"I hate this guy they've turned you into! I want the old Ron back!" I complained. Ron didn't say anything, but looked down at his lap. I walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

And then Ron's eyes fell on my right forearm, where the vampire bite scar still lay scarred on my wrist from when I was bitten by James. Ron rolled my sleeve up a little more to investigate the scar. Oh no. I put my hand over the scar and pulled my sleeve down. Ron frowned and looked up at me, I didn't meet his gaze though.

"Hermione, do you remember when you and your friends came down to the beach? The Hilton head island?" Ron questioned, I nodded. "And remember when we had that conversation and I told you a story?" He asked again.

"The one about that horror story thing, and about vampires?" I confirmed, Ron slowly nodded. Ron mumbled something under his breathe and walked to the corner of the room, his back towards me. "Is there any other way that I could get the old Ronald back?" I asked, Ron turned back to face me.

"No, I can't get him back even if i wanted him back. This is just who i am now." Ron stated. "I have to go before Marcus starts asking where i am." Ron added. He looked at me for a minute and then opened up his arms with a small smile.

I spared no time to enter his arms and hug him tightly as he also wrapped his arms around me, hugging me just as tight. Ron pulled away from the hug and stepped back towards the window. I thought he would exit though the door, not the freakin' window! I gasped.

I was about to say something to stop him, but Ron had already jumped through the window. I ran over to it and looked down. I saw that Ron had landed on two legs, wow he's good at jumping. I went back to sleep.