Book five - chapter five

Later in the night, I ran around in my vampire speed and began to throw in a few items of clothing and some essentials, like 5,000 pounds worth of money, into a rucksack. Once the rucksack was full, I grabbed a pen and some paper and scribbled down a nice letter.

My dearest Stella,
I thought that we would have forever together, but forever isn't as long as I'd hoped. I now know why Pansy left me clues, it was to keep you safe. Everything you and Ronald will need is in this bag. Ron will protect you, and he'll help you learn about the Ticuna legends.

I enveloped the letter up and stuffed it in the front pocket of the rucksack.

"Um... Hermione Malfoy." I looked up at the sound of my name. It was James. "I have to admit to you, that you even had me believing it, only for a quick second though. Well, anyways, good luck. You're gonna need all the luck you can get." James explained quietly. I furrowed my eyebrows as James left the room.

I grabbed the rucksack and put it in a cupboard for now until the battle begins where I'll pass Stella on to Ron so he can take care of her.

A few days later

Christmas day. It was Christmas, and I was at Richard's house. With him, Teresa, Draco, Stella, Ron, Lavender and Colin.

I looked out the decorated, Christmas-themed window and looked down at the snow covered ground outside. I sighed, and felt someone come up behind me. I knew that it was Draco from his scent.

"The snow. It's starting to stick to the ground." I whispered. Draco wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Hermione, we still have today. We can worry about the battle tomorrow when it comes. For now, lets enjoy Christmas." Draco said. I smiled and leant backwards against him. Draco kissed my temple.

I looked over to the kitchen to see Richard and Teresa setting up the dinner table, and then Teresa leant up and kissed Richard's cheek. I smiled.

"I'm so glad that Richard has found someone to look after him now that I'm not here anymore. I've put him through hell since I moved in with him, and now he gets to have a break from that." I grinned slightly.

"Alright, time for some presents! Colin, stop stealing all of the cookies!" Richard playfully scolded. "Draco, 'Mione? Ready?" Richard questioned. I nodded with a smile, grabbed Draco's hand, and pulled him over to the sofa. Draco sat on the sofa beside Colin, and I bent down on the floor where Ron and Stella sat. Ron handed Stella a present, and she ripped it open, revealing a beautiful bracelet with 'Stella' engraved on it.

Ron smiled at me, and then Stella

Ron smiled at me, and then Stella. He helped her put it on her wrist, and I stood up and walked over to Richard.

"This is for you dad! Sorry, we ran out of time to wrap it." I stated. Richard looked down at the little paper in an envelope in his hand. "It's so that you can enjoy a 5 day fishing trip down at the sweetwater creek state park." I added. "You can bring up to two extra guests, I recommend Teresa and Arthur, and you'll leave tomorrow."