Socializing? What's That?

(Bruce Wayne + Batfam x Reader)

Summary: Being Bruce Wayne's new girlfriend is already stressing enough with or without the press on the family's back 24/7

Requested: yes

Request: Hello! I was wondering if you could do a bruce x reader + the bat-fam squad one shot where the reader is his quiet and shy wallflower wife(or gf whichever you like). Im not for sure if you wanna do one where theyre at a gala/banquet, or just having some romantic fluff moments buuuuut yeah! Btw love your stuff 😁

Warning/s: none

________________________________________________________________________________

Yes you were Bruce's girlfriend, for nearly six months now, making you Bruce's longest relationship he's ever had. But you were shy, not really socializing when needed, staying in the shadows.

You met his boys a long time ago and you still remember the day they tried to get you to do an official interview as Bruce Wayne's girlfriend. Yeah, no. Nuh-uh. Nope. Not happening. You appreciate their thoughtfulness but you like being where you are, in the shadows.

One day there was a gala and yours and Bruce's relationship was hidden for four months now, interesting how in the first four month there weren't paparazzi nor news reporters but tonight there were, oh so many, you just wished the ground would swallow them or, better yet, you.

"Brucie?"

"Yes, my dearest (y/n)?"

"Why are there so many reporters and paparazzi?" You heard Bruce's low chuckle, "Well I thought tonight would be perfect to announce our relationship." When you heard that your eyes nearly fell out of your head. You couldn't do this, you weren't used to it and you definitely never will be.

Just as you were about to turn around and get back in the car Bruce took your hand and lead you both to the door. And of course you got stopped by a reporter. Questions of "Bruce Wayne who's that?" "Is that another girl?" "Is this your date for tonight?" were thrown towards you but none of you actually being his girlfriend or even in a relationship with him. Of course Bruce answered with so much class you swear he was rolled in it as a baby.

You on the other hand were trying to hide behind him while clutching his hand, as you were shorter than the man it wasn't hard to hide behind him. But when the words left his mouth, oh the famous four words, "This is my girlfriend." Boy your whole world stopped. After ignoring the questions the reporters had for you and quickly hurrying Bruce inside.

Catastrophe was the only word rolling around your head as you finally entered the building, why did Bruce even bring you with him tonight, you would've been happy at home wearing sweatpants and one of Bruce's T-shirt and watching something in the comfy couch in the dark. But you came and stayed at the gala, the whole gala in fact, you admit that you did spend like 95% stuck to Bruce like glue. And after you finally got back at the Manor you sighed happily, throwing your shoes somewhere and got an earful from Alfred in the morning.

"Bruce Wayne finally comes out about his secret relationship!" Jason read from his phone about the big news the whole Gotham's talking about. Oh boy, this is going to be a one heck of a week or maybe more, depends on how surprised the people are. It downed on you that you won't be able to go out with your friends or go and get groceries without being noticed.

"Is everything okay (y/n)?" Jason asked you as he glanced up from his phone and looked at your expression, it was unusual for Bruce to see his second son accepting you so well in the family, or even see him at the Manor. Actually from all the boys Jason was the most accepting of you.

"(y/n)? Sweetheart, are you alright?" Bruce joined in with his own concern, it was sweet of them to care so much but you don't want to be the center of attention, you never liked it and you were sure you never will.

"Yes, yes I'm alright, just nervous about the new spotlight I'll be under."

"Don't worry (y/n), we'll protect you from any reporters or paparazzi or anyone else." Jason said to you with a kind smile. "Jason is right, my love, we'll protect you from any harm that can come." And like that their words calmed you down and reassured you.

After that Bruce proposed (Dick cried at that), you got married (he cried at that too) and you were a little more comfortable with the audience that adores the Wayne family. Every so and so you get questions asking how you met Bruce, saying hoe you must've been really outgoing and friendly at parties and galas and talking to everyone and just a social butterfly.

Your answer was always the same with the same little smirk, "Socializing? What's that?"