Never Gonna Leave Again

(Jason Todd x Reader)

Requested: no

Summary: There's a new vigilante in Gotham and he looks very familiar

Warning/s: swearing

________________________________________________________________________________

You didn't know what brought you to Jason Todd. Maybe it was the fact that he's pretty damn hot or his concern and kindness towards you or it could possibly be the fact that he saved your life (more than just once).

Whatever the reason was, his love was the reason you stayed with him. In the beginning of your relationship, the beginning being one to two months, he was very protective of you. And I mean really protective. Like 'if a single guy even glances at you I'll kill him' protective. You actually found it sweet while other people would find it obsessive.

"Umm Jason? What was that?"

"He was bothering you so I took care of it."

There, on the stretchers, a guy was groaning in pain and was being taken to the hospital. He was new to Gotham and asked for directions, you wanted to help him but on the other hand Jason saw him as a threat and thought the guy was bothering and flirting with you.

Of course you, being his girlfriend, knew of his night activities with Bruce as Batman and Robin and you were fine with that as long as he came back safe and alive. So when Bruce and Jay went on this secret mission you never thought that the last words he would ever say to you were, "I love you (y/n), remember that," after that he never came back. Life's not fair, is it? How could've this happen to a 15 year old boy? But he was gone, murdered in the hands of that psycho Joker. Your beloved boyfriend was really gone. Going to his funeral was only one of the many hard things that you couldn't handle.

You couldn't handle when they lowered Jason into the ground; you couldn't handle Bruce apologizing to you because he failed and let everyone down; you couldn't handle the guilty looks on Alfred, Bruce and Dick's faces; you couldn't handle how Dick burst into tears because he thought he wasn't a good enough brother, you crying alongside with him.

After 5 years you still didn't move on, you tried dating again but you just couldn't bring yourself to be in a relationship after everything that has happened.

On one particular night when you were heading home after a visit to your parents, your mother trying to set you up for a blind date and you declining the offer, you didn't think that going home the long way was better since it was almost 11 p.m. so you went through a short cut, the short cut being the old Park Row now known as Crime Alley.

And yes that wasn't the smartest thing to do, but both ways were dangerous and you thought it would be better if you had a dangerous way home but less time to get there. Not exactly smart from your side. You didn't even fully stepped into the alley and you were already jumped by three large men.

"Hey beautiful, this is your lucky day, you get to have fun with us." One of the men said while the other two held your wrists tightly. Of course knowing Batman you knew some defenses.

You stepped on one man's foot making him release you so you could easily punch the other man in his face, but that didn't last long as the third man punched you in the stomach making you stop and fall to your knees.

You could hear them getting closer and laughing slightly after that all you could hear were gun shots and screaming. You opened your eyes to see the infamous vigilant Red Hood standing in front of you and looking down on you. You heard about him, he came to Gotham about a month ago and from the rumours you heard he got involved with the mafia, tried to kill Joker and he kills criminals.

The rumours also said he wasn't the friendliest type so when he offered his hand to you so you could get up from the ground you were rather surprised.

"Are you ok (y/-...I mean miss?"

You looked at him weirdly 'cause it sounded like he was about to say your name but that couldn't be true, "Yeah, I'm fine," you said as he pulled you up, he was about to go before you stopped him with a "Thank you."

He turned to you, "You're welcome Hon' Bun." And then he ran away. You? You just stood there frozen with tears in your eyes. The only person who called you that was Jason, in fact he was the only one who knew about that nickname. But that couldn't be your Jason, he was dead. You had to talk to Bruce.

So that's what you did the day after you met the Red Hood, you explained Bruce everything and he was just as stunned as you were. He couldn't imagine that his son might actually be back so he tested it. He got Red Hood's blood when he was hurt in a fight and tested it with some of Jason's DNA.

"DNA MATCHED"

That's it. That's what the DNA testing said. That's what the batcomputer screen read. That was him. Jason.

You started crying happy tears, Bruce gaped at the batcomputer, and Alfred dropped a tray of tea he was holding.

The next week Bruce proceed to find Jason and talk to him but the new vigilant somehow always escaped the Batman but you weren't going to back down. You followed Red Hood's movements and it seemed like he would go to the Crime Alley and help the street kids there. You thought that was so sweet, him growing up as a street kid he knew how hard these kids had.

One night you found him on one of the buildings looking over at the city.

"Jason!" You screamed to get his attention.

"Hi Hun' Bun, took you long enough to realize who Red Hood is." He said sorta sarcastically.

"Why didn't you come to me? Why didn't you tell me you were alive?"

"I'm surprised you're happy to see me, (y/n). It seems like everyone was over me so quickly, like all of you just didn't care. Bruce found another child, adopted him and turned him into Robin! And it hasn't even been a fucking year since my death! Even you got over me, (y/n)!"

You couldn't believe what you were hearing, "You think I got over you?" You asked quietly, "You think I enjoyed when you died?! You think I enjoyed having to deal with you being gone forever?! I've been dealing with your death for five fucking years Jason and I still wasn't over it! I've been dealing with so much depression for this five years and now that you're finally back you have the fucking nerve to tell me I didn't care?!"

You were crying big, ugly tears at this point. Jason was beyond feeling horrible now, he just made the girl he loves cry and by saying she never cared. What the hell is wrong with him. He took of his helmet and made his way towards you.

He took his mask off and lifted your chin with his thumb and index finger. Jason dried your eyes with his other hand and looked at your (e/c) eyes. You looked up at his blue ones and cracked a small smile.

"I'm sorry for everything I said (y/n), I was an asshole and I shouldn't have said anything like that. I know you care and I hope you can forgive me and love me again." Jason said hopefully. You kissed him with a five year passion you've been holding inside, "Who says I ever stopped?"

You and Jason smiled at each other and held each other for a while, "Don't leave again Jay, promise me that."

"I promise you (y/n), I'm never gonna leave again."