Chapter 1

Third pov.

World War 2, was the most devastating war in all of human history and no one has seen this destructive since World War 1. At first, the allies were losing in the early years of the war Nazi Germany took half of western Europe and half of eastern Europe, Japan took most of Asia and the pacific it seems that the war is all lost but then the Allies began to turn the tide of the war in their favor and begin to winning. On May 7, 1945, seven days after the dictator killed himself Germany surrenders to the Allies and ending the war in Europe, the war in the Pacific is soon coming to an end and thousands of people/ military suffered the allies are fighting on an island called Okinawa and it became the bloodiest battle during the Pacific Theater and in the mixes there is one special marine who life is changed for the better or worst.

June 5, 1945

Okinawa Island

William pov.

I'm tired... I'm tired of war and death. I've been with the military Since Pearl Habor and people said the war will end at Christmas... Well, that was two years ago and the war is still going thier no signs of the war ends, to be honest, I hope it continues; I have no family left and I lost my girlfriend maybe I might die soon or later......... When I join the corp thier were good men and excellent marines, but now theirs barely any experience marines all we have is fucking replacements who die faster than a fucking fruit fly.

Right now our trucks stop in front of cliffs called Hacksaw Ridge, all I know is that about 5,000 are dead and more on the way.

(Pic not mine)

William: * jump down from the truck* ALRIGHT MARINE GET THE HELL OUT OF THOSE TRUCKS! NOW! MOVE!MOVE!MOVE!

My marines disbanded from the trucks and form up into five groups of five waiting for me, I was inspecting them and I could tell they are afraid but I didn't reassure them I turn towards the major.

William: *I Salute to him and he salutes back* What our orders sir?

Major: Well, we're going up this cliff and take out the Japanese forces before our forces can retake the rest of the island.

Me: How many are we dealing with sir?

Major: It's unknown, we calculated around 5,ooo but it's still unknown. Make sure the men are ready it's going to along fight and they are moving fifty-seconds were climbing

Me: Ok I'll inform the men* I salute to him and he saluted back*.

Right before I left my Major call me by my nickname which to me it feels not being formed

Me: Major, you know I don't like it when I'm being called by my first name or nickname you call me my last name or captain sir.

Major: knock that shit off Bill, you are my friend we've been together since Guadalcanal.