Chapter nine

*Third pov.*

It's been weeks since William waked up from the hospital and he's been keeping his distance from Team RWBY and their friends, at times they try to talk to him but he ignores them or goes the other way. This made them frustrated except for blake which she tells them what's he going through and ask them to give them time,  as for William he having a rough time adapting to the peaceful new environment he waits for a Japanese charging at him or a german firefight not only that William hasn't been sleeping well as he keeps having Knightmares from the war and his friends dying in front of him telling him cowards what strange for him is a woman calling out to him.

As in now Team, RWBY is in the cafeteria eating lunch laughing together but that until they notice that William is not with them.

Yang:*sigh* this is frustrating he barely talks to us, acknowledging us and now he's avoiding us!

Weiss: I agree some need to talk to him.

 Ruby: How about you blake.

Blake: What?

Ruby: You talking to William.

Yang: You basically read his journal so you know what's he going through and maybe breaking through to him.

Blake: I don't know.

Ruby: Please blake.

She thought about and she agrees to it.

*Timeskip*

Blake search for the marine all over Beacon, she checks dorms, classrooms, library, and success though there was one place she hasn't looked and it was the dorm's roof. As she runs to the roof notice the marine sit on the ledge with his pistol in hand pointing it at his head!

Blake: NO!

William was startled by blake yelling points his weapon at her but relaxes when he sees who it is.

William: Blake*puts his pistol away* What are you doing here?     

Blake: I WAS COMING TO GET YOU AND WHAT WERE YOU DOING!

William: Nothing of your business. now leaving me alone.

Blake: You were about to shoot yourself!

William: Leave me alone!

Blake: Please don't!

William: Why should I not! 

Blake: Because you have much to live for.

William: *scoff* I have nothing, I lost all my friends and my parents are dead just a few weeks after I was sent back to the war.

Blake: You can make new friends.

William: YOU don't make new friends cause you will lose your friends.

Blake: Thiers no war here.

William: There's always something........ I should have died...... I should die with my friends or with those who serve with me.

Blake: Your friends wouldn't want that.

William: How would you know! You don't know me or my friends!

Blake: I do.

William: Sure you do!

The marine was about to leave until blake told him she has his journal.

Blake: I have a journal, William...... I read all of it more than once and memorizes it too. The battles you fought: Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, Ohma beach, the liberation of France, Operation Market Garden, Battle of the Bulge, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, your friends Jack, Goerge, O'neal, Mason, Luck, your family, the incident of with your girlfriend, and........Henry.