Just breathe

"Is she asleep?" Seokjin mutters slowly, making his way into the room. Namjoon just nod lightly. "I need to take pictures of her bruises and cuts for evidence against Minho. Can you help?" Seokjin ask again, looking at you then at Namjoon. Namjoon slowly pull himself off you, causing you to wince and frown, but didn't wake you up. Namjoon carefully lifts your shirt up just enough for Seokjin to take pictures of the bruises on your torso, then on your neck and collarbone. Then he carefully shifts you a little so Seokjin can take pictures of your bruised back and thigh. "Will that be enough?" Namjoon ask, pulling you back into his arms. "This is just for their procedure, Minho will definitely be charged" Seokjin reply, nodding lightly before he lean to stroke your hair softly. "I'll handle the cops, you don't have to worry." he add, patting on Namjoon's shoulder before leaving to the police station. Namjoon scoot closer to you and hold you close to him, resting his cheek on your head, slowly falling asleep.

You open your eyes slowly, finding yourself in a dark, silent room. You look around, Namjoon is not there. You are alone. "Hi beautiful." You turned around to the sound of that voice and you gasp. "M- Minho" you stutter. He walks slowly towards you, dark smirk plastered across his face. You turned away and tried to run away from him but no matter which path you took it always came back to Minho before you realize that you're in a maze. His laughter echos all around you, sending shivers down your spine. You plops on the ground, crying, almost giving up before you hear a familiar voice calling out your name. "Namjoon? Namjoon!" you hurry back on your feet, running towards the voice. "Here.." You stop on your track and turn your face towards the voice, running towards the faint voice. "Here.." It keeps repeating as if it guides you out of the darn maze and you keep on dragging yourself towards the voice until you find a bright light at the end of the maze. You run as fast as you can towards the light when you see Namjoon standing there, arms wide open waiting for you but as soon as you hug him, he disappear, vanish into thin air.

Gasping, you sit yourself up, mouth dry as you feels it's hard to breathe. Your hands tremble by your side, your mind forcing itself to believe that your nightmare was not a reality and it is not real. Your soft sobs echo throughout the dark room where the shadow looks ominous and frightening. You are so wrapped in reliving the moment of your dream that you didn't realize Namjoon beside you stir awake, his eyebrows furrowing together at the noise of your laboured breathing make. Namjoon yawns silently, his need for sleep immediately slips away from him when he sees you up, body trembling in the shadow. He switches the bedside table lamp on and hurriedly moves in front of you, his eyes filled with an overwhelming amount of worry. He reaches up and hold your chin, steering your gaze to him. "Look at me. Breathe." he said softly. He brushes his thumb back and forth your cheeks soothingly as you look into his eyes. Smiling softly to reassure you that he is here for you, he pulls you into his embrace. Relief fills you gradually as more tears roll down your cheeks. Your hands clenches hard on his shirt and you bury your face into his neck, sobbing.

"Oh baby" he coos, stroking softly on your back, wanting to soothe the pain inducing sobs. "You're already safe now" he whispers, holding you close to him. "Just breathe, I'm here." he adds. It takes you a while until you finally manage to even your laboured breathing out, the steady rise and fall of your chest against his bringing a smile across Namjoon's face, although his heart still aching over your soft sobs. Holding ever so gently onto your shoulders, he pulls away from the hug, searching your eyes in concern. He moves his hands to cup your cheeks, his thumbs wiping your tears away. He then tucks a strand of your hair behind your ears, eyes filled with worry and sadness. "Do you want to go back to sleep?" he ask, caressing your cheeks. You immediately shakes your head, scared that if you sleep you will have nightmare again.

He nod and lie himself down, pulling you softly to his side, your head resting on his chest. He brushes his fingers through your hair and hum a lulling tune. He lowers his head and presses a kiss on your forehead, whispering how much he loves you and how glad he is to have you back by his side when he notices your eyes close, expression one of peace. He continue the soothing movements and doesn't allow himself to sleep. Instead, he plans on watching you do so, in case you have another nightmare.

--------

Seokjin drags his feet into the house, feeling exhausted. He drop the keys on the table and stretches his hands over his head, yawning. "How does it goes?" Hoseok ask, eyebrows furrowed. Seokjin plops on the couch and look around. Everyone is there in the living room except you and Namjoon. Jungkook and Taehyung already asleep, hugging each other. The rest are still awake, waiting for Seokjin. "I'll call Joonie hyung out" Jimin volunteered, making his way towards Namjoon's room. After awhile, he and Namjoon join the rest of them in the living room. "How is it?" Namjoon ask, pushing his hair back, eyes locked on Seokjin waiting for his response. "It went okay. Somehow I managed to get that bastard to confess to the cops." Seokjin said softly. "No way. Did you-" Jimin ask, his eyes widen. Seokjin just shake his head. "I didn't stay in when he confessed. The cops told me that he will be charged with two counts of first degree rape, second degree assault and first degree kidnapping. He will be most likely to receive lifetime sentence without the possibility of parole." he explains.

"He should be hanged to death." Namjoon growled, hands curled in fist. Seokjin quietly reach his hand to Namjoon and slowly stroking his back, calming him down. "I know. I'm mad too. But atleast this time he won't be able to get away with it anymore since he confessed." Seokjin adds, his eyes on Namjoon's. There's a dead silence in the room for awhile. "Let's just go to sleep now. Hyung you need rest, you've spent hours at the station. Joonie you too. Go to sleep." Yoongi voices out, slowly standing up. "Jimin, wake those two up and tell them to go sleep in their room." he add, pointing at Jungkook and Taehyung before slowly making his way to his room, followed by Hoseok. Jimin just nod and wake Jungkook and Taehyung up, dragging them to their room.

"Thank you hyung." Namjoon silently mutters. "I do what I had to do. You should go to sleep. You haven't got enough sleep since she's taken." Seokjin reply, patting Namjoon's back before dragging him up and walk him to his room. Seokjin lean over to you on the bed and slowly brush his thumb over the bruise on your face and sigh deeply before leaving the room and go to his. Namjoon carefully pulls you back to his side, holding your head against his chest, slowly stroking your back until he eventually fell asleep.