You don't take orders from anyone

When Loki and Lin had stopped running away, they arrived at an old abandoned house far away from the city, a place where the jotun used to go when he wanted to be alone. The residence was comfortable per se, the walls painted in a soft tone, the furniture was old and from the inside nothing reminisced the fact that someone really lived there.

The woman allowed herself to go out of the armor and leaned on the wall as she did it, even if she felt her head spinning and having the body charge for the effort of walking so much she felt as if it was the happiest day of her life.

- Am... (Hi...) - a Stark said with a shy smile, speaking in Asgardian once again.

- Am! (Hi!) - Loki answered a little bit happier than usual.

He got closer holding her hand like she was a porcelain doll; he was afraid of breaking her. Not that Lin was actually fragile, she was far away from it, many people wouldn't be able to endure what she did, but she was so visibly weak... The god asked himself when it was the last time someone remembered feeding her.

Besides being barely able to stand on her feet the Stark looked around with the deepest curiosity, noticing the details and holding back from exploring every corner of that place.

- Fihno. (Come.) - Loki guided her without receiving any protests – Dihdie briboxox oyja imbikeoy boxo faki. (I tried to prepare something special for you.)

It is true that the god planned in the smallest details what was going to happen after he collected the friend and took her there, but he didn't expect that human technology could be a little difficult to comprehend and that he would be obligated to buy things Lin wanted to try.

Not that paying things with fake money was real shopping, but this wasn't so important.

Loki took Lin to the kitchen and on the table, she could see a wide variety of drinks, dishes from different locations and even desserts that the woman never thought she would be able to eat. The god swore he saw a tear roll through her face and laughed internally knowing that her pride didn't allow her to let emotions show entirely, he noticed that she kept from going there as if she waited for a signal.

Some memories came to light at that moment... The man that guarded Lin since she was a child used to feast with the most savory and attractive dishes while she observed then, still chained, waiting for a signal so she could feed on the crumbles. Loki held her hand with a little more force.

- You don't need to wait for my orders, - He caressed her skin lightly with his thumb - Lin... you don't take orders from anyone. No more.

She smiled with a little more confidence with that, although she expected to be treated differently when she ran away, the Stark didn't know what the other people considered normal to do. Lin would ask Loki for some books on human behavior when she thought it was the right time.

They sat beside each other on the old big table, serving from what it seemed to be the best and what arose more curiosity, this was also the first time that Loki could get a taste of human food.

- Tell me about the last years. - Lin asked gesturing with her hands and putting her English to test, her legs bouncing with excitement, she enjoyed his stories. – We never talk about that day, but I felt when they broke your neck long ago. – She referred to her first encounter with Thanos next to Thor.

Loki rolled his eyes but didn't wish to hide this type of thing from her.

- I thought I would die then. No, I mean... I died at that moment. – The god was sincere – It's stranger than it seems, but somehow that didn't really happen, and I ended up on Earth. – He chuckled – My brother got a new eye, brown when I saw him like that it reminded me of you. - Loki avoided eye contact while he spoke – But he also got new powers and more enemies with that... – He sighed – And then I saw him survive like a war hero. However, the god of thunder in his greatest glory let too many people die and is slowly languishing. – He passed his hands through his black hair; she recognized that act as proof of his nervousness.