Who's Lin?

- Ah, you finally woke up, I've been thinking if it would be harder to take the other stones if you were dead. – Stephen spoke when nearing enough to see his partner tried to get up from the bed.

- Shut up! – He complained, grumpy. – Send me to Wakanda, quick, I need to see Lin. – His whisper seemed to be so needy that there was no space for contestation. Lin, Lin Stark, it was really good to think about this name clearly, she was the only person who could comfort him somehow now.

- Who's Lin? – Strange asked, confused.

- WHAT?! – No, that wasn't possible, he hadn't changed the past that much, he made the things he knew that happened to happen, all seemed to be so correct now he was back, it wasn't possible that his actions caused a so sudden change in the time line. The wizard just looked like being angrier with himself.

- What have you been doing of so grave in the past to believe Lin doesn't exist? – his frown was very puckered, foreseeing many complications. – I knew it was a terrible idea letting you go back there, but the time stone wouldn't let me to bring you back and I decided to wait its cycle to pass. Whatever you have done may have altered even more our time line and...

- No! Calm down, it's all right. It's clear I didn't cause anything much grave, we're already living in the time line that was changed and if no Celestial charged the price for that in one thousand, one hundred-two years, I don't think they're going to claim it now. – Stephen didn't seem convinced at all, he was still very angry and strongly considered going back in time and impeding Loki to act around there. – I didn't do it on purpose, it was Alanes who sent me there and it was her who was controlling the stone, your ancestor seemingly thought it was the only way to stop Asgard's war against the Frost Giants.

The god loyally considered to make a few of blood gush from the throat of the protector of the reality, he had already been through a lot in the past hours to take a fright like that as soon as he could go back to his own time, however, he was too tired to make any effort and his magic wasn't stable enough yet to confront his ally.

- And have you put an end to any war? – the war crossed his arms, he didn't believe any word.

- We live together for time enough for you to know I'm amazing! – The prince threw himself again to the bed and stretched his own muscles. – I arrived, saved Thor, saved Frigga, conquered my grandfather's confidence, made Odin jealous, masqueraded myself as Borr when he died, was taken to fight on the war because Odin also found me awesome, met the god of war and wanted to punch his face, met one of the most ancient Odin's girlfriends, saved everyone with Borr's image, but then Odin let his father die not knowing he technically was already dead; I have always known he was a son of a bitch, now I'm righter than ever, I met the real heir of the Asgard throne and my mother, who was a wonderful woman, together with the most perfect baby in the world, me. I prevented the giants to starve to death and I guided Odin to the place where the Casket of Ancient Winters was, he tried to kill me, but I survived because of all my superiority, I plucked his eye and used again grandpa's image to convince him to adopt me. – His speech was lazy, as if he didn't give much importance to what he's done, while, in fact, he was boasting for each one of his acts.

- How creative you are! Have you ever thought about writing a book? – Strange rolled his eyes, trusting so much his partner to the point of not even looking at him anymore, on the contrary, settled his tie for the occasion he would go to.

- Yes, as a matter of fact! Many times, actually. I used to visit some cartoonists and writers to make them to write about me, it has always helped to spread the fear my subjects felt, I like to read what they create.

Even though it wasn't impossible for the prince to have done all those stuff, it wasn't wise to believe in the god of lies and the wizard surely wouldn't. Loki seemed to be exhausted, as physically as mentally, but made an effort not to let the consequences of having been in a time he didn't belong to overloaded him; exposing his body to something like that would always bring some sequels to his mind and organism, even with all their resistance.