Goood moorniing

Mrs. Stark and the Hawkeye are in the current mansion owner's room, as late as dawn, in silence. Neither of them knew how to broach the subject and both knew what attitude they had towards the new Stark's family member.

- I admit that I had always imagined that at some point a woman would have knocked on Tony's door with a child, saying she was here to introduce you to his son or daughter. I thought I would hate the child with all my strength. -The redhead began to say somewhat shaken; Pepper lost a greater part of the sparkle in her eyes. -But now that this has really happened, I wonder how I can be angry with someone like her. - The woman hides her face with her hands. - Lin looks so fragile and her eyes show so much pain... it's like she could break at any moment.

Clint gave a small smile, even though they didn't know him well enough Mrs. Stark, could tell he was trying to understand her way of thinking.

-Do you know what it feels like to play the hero and feel that you have failed? He asked without looking at her eyes. - I can save as many people as I can, and It will never be enough. That girl is Tony's daughter, someone who should've been my priority when she needed help, just like Stark would have done for my children, but look what they did with her. We didn't even know Lin was alive...

-This is not your fault. -The redhead said wrapping herself in a hug as if she were fragile as a child. - Every day you do the impossible to protect this world more than a normal person can handle, we can't carry the weight of all the problems on our backs as you always do. - Pepper smiled nostalgically. -Tony and I were talking about this shortly before Thanos first appeared, I think my maternal instinct was emerging, I wanted us to have a child and then Morgan came into the world. She sighed in frustration - And I was clinging to Peter more than I should, now I found that the person I loved most has another daughter besides our little one... And it wasn't even me who taught her how to handle life, we are complete strangers to each other, do you know how horrible this is?

The redhead felt the need to laugh in despair for a moment, she came to the conclusion that despite all her doubts she was willing to welcome that little piece of her beloved that the mischievous god brought to her.

- There is still time to teach her many things. -Clint tried to cheer up her up.- Talk to Lin, alone. Try to get to know her better to know if she is willing to try to be part of the family and live a normal life as far as possible.

-Do you really think she can trust me? -Pepper frowned- Lin looks at Loki as if he were her mentor, I don't doubt that she would kill any of us without hesitation if he asked. That man is definitely the least reliable person I know, she walks side by side with him maybe we should be suspicious of these intentions.

-Pepper, she is Tony's daughter. Whatever choice you make, look at her. What do you see? An enemy? I see a broken girl. Loki may be our enemy at times, but he was the one who kept her alive even if we don't know why. Lin isn't to be blamed for who she is, nor you are to blame for not knowing she was alive. I think if she's here now she deserves a chance to act without worrying about whatever hurt her that way.

- Have I ever said I like the way you act in situations like this? - Stark very much considered what her Hawkeye said, had already set aside most of her suspicions. Pepper smiled and almost automatically began making plans for the future.

-The world has many people to protect it now - Barton reminded her - I think it's not a bad idea you take a break, you can take Lin and Morgan to know somewhere she is interested if it will be good for you to know each other.

-I don't think she will accept going out without the jotun - Then take it too! Loki, Thor, doesn't matter. You can even call Peter if you want to! They don't have a big age gap, they will get along.