His name is... Loki.

The banquet was amazing, some giants insisted that they should cook manually instead of using magic for everything and as Loki understood that they had the sense of worthlessness remaining hidden while the war was going on outside, so he just summoned the ingredients and let them do it. what they wanted. All the Jotuns looked at him with admiration and treated him like a king to thank him, gave him their most cherished possessions, and set up a special place in the cave just for him. As much as it was unlike him to be happy to help those in need, the prince recognized that it was far more pleasant to watch them excited and determined to sad and languishing.

The little baby was his biggest companion during those hours, he easily marveled at anything other than the man doing and Loki was feeling a little stupid for acting like a fool with every cute gesture the child unconsciously made, he suspected that it probably was. the power of the brats, make us big assholes. Farbauti wasn't too far away either, worried about the boy's well-being more than he should, and had a habit of having to keep them from crushing his pup, so she always came back to the god because she forgot he was too much. smaller than any of his people and far less likely to kill the child for his size.

When the food was ready, everyone gathered in a large circle, large even as some of the older giants sat about fifty feet away, said a little prayer to the dead, and to those fighting outside, took their bowls and Finally they poured themselves a generous amount of the nutritious, thick soup that was offered. The stranger was initially frightened by the huge amount of food that was prepared, but soon understood when each began to eat in proportion to their sizes.

Even very simple and of doubtful appearance, that was the best meal he had tried in centuries, it was like his whole organism was looking forward that during all those years and now, finally, this unconscious desire came true. Loki felt right at home, his real home with his family and all he caring he'd been waiting for, but he knew nothing of that was real and maybe this was the worst part of being the god of lies. He could never have such things, he didn't belong there and Jotunheim considered him a freak where he really came from, just like Asgard had never totally accepted him even during all the years he lived among them. Nothing of that was indeed for him, those people considered him as monster-like as Odin in the future and there was nothing he could do now to change this.

(...)

In the day after, he spent some time with Vidar in the morning, he thought it would be useful to teach him some combat techniques of other kingdoms, this way, he wouldn't be caught off guard in the case something wrong happened in the path he would make with the child. Yes, he was indeed considering making the boy to live in another kingdom, he knew that the little one wouldn't survive there the same way he wouldn't have survived if the Father of All hadn't adopted him. That planet didn't allow someone like them both to resist its conditions.

Yet, he needed to agree terms with Grid and Farbauti for the trip. He still doubted that they would guide the king to the Casket of Ancient Winters, but this would be the only chance to convince Odin to keep them alive and to fulfill his part of the deal. It's not that he had clung to the people in two days, he still felt much aversion toward his own race, but the thought they deserved a chance to fight for a better life.

When the bastard and he went back to the shelter, they found peculiar the once again desolate ambient they saw. No giant looked at their eyes or seemed to want to fuse with the wall when they sighted them. There was nothing left from the happiness and hope that dominated people when they departed in the morning.

When entering the beautiful cavern where the woman who made him to feel so good lived in, they found her with her sister, both with lost and shaken expressions on their faces. Loki couldn't help noticing that someone was missing in the place, that there was no signal anymore of the infant noises produced by the baby and also that there was no signal of his presence anywhere.