Eternity will destroy us

- The avengers accessed the quantum realm years ago and changed the timeline. – Stephen told calmly to the "Asgardian". – Even if they were right in reaffirming that for each one in the present, the past would be the same, they didn't count on the fact that what they have done to undo Thano's snap of fingers would have the power to change completely the future of those who hadn't survived, just like it happened to you when you were given the opportunity to escape from Odin's justice. I can go further and cite all the names that were saved with the interference of Steve Rogers on his proper time when he chose the life he would have if he hadn't been frozen, we are living in a constant paradox and I fear this had caused some bad reaction to the girl you have freed.

- Lin hasn't been having good events in her life, you need to be more specific.

Now it was Loki who floated while Strange was seated on the comfortable armchair, for the dissatisfaction of both, the Cloak of Levitation refused to leave his former owner.

- There was something hiding her presence, as you probable already know. – The green-eyed lifted one of his eyebrows as if doubting of how much useful information the other wizard could offer him. – But this disappeared at the moment Tony snapped his fingers and sacrificed himself, what made her localization and her real identity exposed.

- And why would I worry about that? – Odin's adopted child seemed bored.

- Don't you worry even a bit about the fact that the probably strongest creature in the universe is at the disposal of anyone who thinks to use her for self-benefit? – The jotun allowed himself to laugh funny, while the wizard didn't change his expression. It was kind of admirable that the earthling had also noticed who she is.

- And what exactly do you think I am doing to her? – Loki couldn't understand yet why from all the people in the world Strange chose to appeal just to him, the manipulator god of tricks and of evil.

- You can be doing a lot of things, but I am not seeing you destroying Earth or something. – The corner of the lips of the earthling wizard slightly lifted. – On the contrary, you are helping the girl to live in the society and even took her to Mrs. Stark, who, together with her daughter, possibly is the closest thing to family Lin has in this planet.

- As if a mere human could understand my plans. – That man definitively had nothing useful to say to him, being there was a loss of time. Loki stand still and got rid of the irritating Cloak with a sudden pull of its fabric, that thing seemed a cornered little animal and it shrank as if feeling bad for being rejected by someone he considered worthy. – If you don't mind, - he said ironically – I have many more things to do far from here.

Loki started to step away with his usual arrogant walk, the typical of someone who thinks to be superior.

- You know you're very far from home, don't you? – Strange said nonchalantly. – How do you plan to go back to your mortal?

The wizard couldn't see when the other disappeared, but took fright when he appeared behind him, whispering on his ear.

- I have many tricks.

It was even funny to use the reality manipulation against someone who was the protector of reality himself. Confusing Stephen's eyes, the room around both changed and Loki appeared again from the left with his spices bag in hand, as well as with an access ring on his finger. He showed no hesitation to the earthling when mixing gestures so well-known by the other, some images of the most ancient spells were formed on his hands and, at last, a portal appeared in front of the extraterrestrial, giving him complete access to the park where he was before the wizard had picked him up.